Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker door question

Options
  • 01-09-2016 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    Im looking for a freestanding cooker with the main oven door with the hinge on the right, all I can find are ones like this http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-37-ZV554MW with the door hinged on the left. The door wont open fully where it will be located if its on the left. Are there any companies makeing them where the door can be reversed like on a fridge?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My old Creda oven door looks like it can be reversed, there's mounting holes for the hinges on the other edge of the door and on the cooker itself plus a place on the door to relocate the latch to, so I can imagine it might be the same for other ovens.

Possible the default is to have it hinged on the left as most people are right handed, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

A lot of ovens come with reversible door hanging to fit in with your kitchen layout. Just ask at the shop. Sometimes you can reverse them yourself, or there is a small charge if the oven manufacturer or store do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 irishoffroad

My old cooker can have the handle reversed but it seems the new ones(must be 55cm wide)cant. Zanussi are the only ones that make 55cm wide cookers and they said they cant be reversed. Think ill just have to repair the old one from the 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ah, OK, that's a bit of a bummer. I'd still be tempted though to pop in to power city and take a close look at one in the flesh just to make 101% sure. It wouldn't be the first time a customer service rep told porkies about their products, unwittingly or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I know New World do 55cm cookers....but have found their quality quite poor. No idea if the doors are reversible either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement