Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club championships

• 01-09-2016 1:55pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know do many clubs run Club Championships?

They seem to slip under the radar a lot - some are rated, others aren't, but there's rarely an acknowledgement of the winners outside of the club itself I think. Seems a shame.

Looks like Brian Beckett is the Bray champion - or at least, winner of the Bray Open Championship.
    Killian Burke was seeded 9th of 18 players in Malahide, but came out on top, alongside Brian Reid.
    Pawel Madynski came out top in a field of 28 in Benildus.
    Paul O'Neill beat Brian Gallagher in round 2 in Naomh Barróg and, with a big gap between those two and the rest of the field, the both won all the rest of their games, so Paul took the title with a 100% score.
    Pat Coleman won the Drogheda Section A tournament, though I'm not sure if that means he's club champion?
    A big field in Limerick, and I think Niall O'Donnell won on 6/7 - though still lost rating points!

That's all I can find for 2016, but unrated events (other than Benildus of course) would slip my radar. Any news from the likes of Elm Mount, Phibsboro, Gonzaga, Blanch or Rathmines?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Stephen Loughman is the Current Curragh Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

Cork Chess Club also have quite a big club championship won by Hugh Doyle last year. I don't know if it is rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Endgame

In Drogheda pat Coleman is indeed the club champion. Alll members may enter and the format is firstly we have qualifiers with groups of all play all based on seedings by rating, bit like the UEFA champions' league with each group getting some from pot A, some from pot B etc. The top two on points in each group go into sections A, next two in section B and the rest in section C. These sections are also all play all. So we end up with an A, B and C champion but the A chanpion is the club champion. Pat Scanlan has the interesting distinction of having won every section over a 20 + year career!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Terry Fayne is the Inchicore champ. Won with 6/6!
    Club championship has never been rated but it will be from next year.

Advertisement