Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation timelines

Options
  • 01-09-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I cancelled my eir contract on 2 August and was advised that my service would be cancelled on Thu, 01 September 2016 (30 Days).

Today I received an email saying the cancelation of my bundle with eir will commence 30 days from today.

I've already moved house and have the equipment ready for pickup. I do not wish to be billed for another month of service, can you confirm that the service was cancelled yesterday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I cancelled my eir contract on 2 August and was advised that my service would be cancelled on Thu, 01 September 2016 (30 Days).

Today I received an email saying the cancelation of my bundle with eir will commence 30 days from today.

I've already moved house and have the equipment ready for pickup. I do not wish to be billed for another month of service, can you confirm that the service was cancelled yesterday?

Hi Tuesday_Girl,

Thanks for getting in touch, the standard lead time for cancellation is 30 days from the date we have received your cancellation request. Please feel free to PM me your account number & I can check this for you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hi Tuesday_Girl,

Thanks for getting in touch, the standard lead time for cancellation is 30 days from the date we have received your cancellation request. Please feel free to PM me your account number & I can check this for you.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Despite confirmation from Eir that my cancellation had been processed I have been billed again today for the full monthly amount. Could you please look into this, I gave 30 days notice at the beginning of August and have returned all equipment. 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there,

Apologies for this. 

I will request Pamela look into this & update you on this as soon as possible.

Stacey

Advertisement