Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Is there a way to mount a phone to a kriega bag if you have it as a tank bag with the adaptor?

I don't want to do phone on the bars because the vibrations would kill it eventually

I don't own the kriega bag yet.. but it's all 20% off at the moment so that's why I'm wondering.

I've seen the tank bags with the map window but I'd like to be able to press side buttons etc, if there was like a ram mount that could be strapped onto a bag, does that exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Motorcycle Live in the NEC,on till this Sunday

Heaps of bargains to be had.

Cash is king and haggle hard too.:)

Edit to say that the ATM machines in Birmingham Airport and the NEC will fleece you.
    Alot of the traders and vendors have mobile card machines.
    So either pay with your card or bring cash.

4 of us went over yesterday morning,and the Ryanair flight home yesterday evening looked more like a motorcycle shop than a plane,that many people with that much bike gear was on board.:D

Suggest you get a revolut card. Your spending enough in sterling to justify the savings.

I have one last two years and use it for every sterling purchase. Save you a fortune. See thread in bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Crossans are having a 20% off sale this weekend.

Just ordered a new shark carbon helmet, best price I could find anywhere.

did they email you the free voucher or will it come with the order? reason being it expires in 30 days and if it's been emailed you could order more stuff now at 20% off with the voucher as well if they've emailed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

did they email you the free voucher or will it come with the order? reason being it expires in 30 days and if it's been emailed you could order more stuff now at 20% off with the voucher as well if they've emailed it

In the small print it says voucher will be emailed in a few days, I guess it's to prevent the double discounts.

• Advertisement

colm_c wrote: »
    In the small print it says voucher will be emailed in a few days, I guess it's to prevent the double discounts.

ah ok, their deals go on till monday so you might get it by then but they probably thought of this exact scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

colm_c wrote: »
    Crossans are having a 20% off sale this weekend.

Just ordered a new shark carbon helmet, best price I could find anywhere.

I got a HJC, £128 delivered. It's back up to £160 now and it's £160 on FC moto, so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hel are doing 40% off everything today only
    Code is TRUSTHEL40

15% off alpinestars gear today on msg bike gear
    Code is xmasastars
    Today only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Slipstream Waterproof MC Backpack €9.99 (€18.99 incl delivery)
    https://www.xlmoto.ie/slipstream-waterproof-mc-backpack

Might work out slightly cheaper going via the UK site and using PM? The €9 delivery charge is for orders under €100
    "€9 fixed shipping rate: International shipping is a standard 9€ for all orders. Free shipping applies to orders over 100€. We ship your package, no matter the size or weight."

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

chasm wrote: »
    Slipstream Waterproof MC Backpack €9.99 (€18.99 incl delivery)
    https://www.xlmoto.ie/slipstream-waterproof-mc-backpack

Might work out slightly cheaper going via the UK site and using PM? The €9 delivery charge is for orders under €100
    "€9 fixed shipping rate: International shipping is a standard 9€ for all orders. Free shipping applies to orders over 100€. We ship your package, no matter the size or weight."

Got myself a Kriega recently so don't need one of these, but they really are excellent bags!

£10 off on amazon uk today when you spend over £50 code is bigthanks
    The item/items must be sold and shipped by amazon to qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

XL Moto have another sale going on their waterproof back back. Took the plunge and got one for myself as I've read it's pretty good.

Sale price is €9.99

https://www.xlmoto.ie/slipstream-waterproof-mc-backpack#?prn=DotW_1809_XL_1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sonics2k wrote: »
    XL Moto have another sale going on their waterproof back back. Took the plunge and got one for myself as I've read it's pretty good.

Sale price is €9.99

https://www.xlmoto.ie/slipstream-waterproof-mc-backpack#?prn=DotW_1809_XL_1

I don't need one at all and will probably never use it but for a 10er.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

For the week that's in it Playstation store has TT isle of Man reduced to €34.99, that's the little fellas PS confiscated for a week or so anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

bladespin wrote: »
    For the week that's in it Playstation store has TT isle of Man reduced to €34.99, that's the little fellas PS confiscated for a week or so anyway!

An now,.... be good to your penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

D Trent wrote:
    An now,.... be good to your penis.

Ah, the monster's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Baufix chain cleaner and brake cleaner in Lidl at 2.99 a can (400 mL) at the moment. They are marketed at bicycles but are grand on motorbikes too. Good alternative to buying stuff like the WD40 or mucoff cleaners at over €10 a can or messing around with smelly kerosene!

Is it OK for O rings? Bicycle chains don't have them so it might be too harsh? I've no idea though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Is it OK for O rings? Bicycle chains don't have them so it might be too harsh? I've no idea though

It appears to be anyway. I've used it a few times on my chain with no problems. All the O rings seems to be fine.

It appears to be anyway. I've used it a few times on my chain with no problems. All the O rings seems to be fine.

tbf you cant really tell if an oring is fine until the chain is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd be wary. Bicycle chains don't have o-rings and bicycle brakes don't have hydraulic seals (well, don't usually - seeing as they now have disc brakes, centre stands and dealer servicing little would surprise me at the more wanky end of the pedal powered spectrum)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Fairly good deal from XLMoto on Alpinestars jackets

https://www.xlmoto.ie/favorites/list?list=93569,93570,93571,74249,70426,70427#

Not exactly winter wear gear, but will be good for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

That is a bargain.

Must be mad sizes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

listermint wrote: »
    That is a bargain.

Must be mad sizes left.

7, 9 & 10 apparently.

Shame none of them will fit me. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

beno619 wrote: »

€300 from Cotters!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

kiddums wrote: »
    7, 9 & 10 apparently.

Shame none of them will fit me. ��

Ditto... In the market for a new pair and had seen those in Cotters, but 10's will be way too small for me. Rode for a few months with a pair of size 10's, not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Shame im not in need of a pair of boots. Nice deal.

Advertisement