Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I bought the Oxford Stormex in 2016 It was used for two years outside constantly covering the bike. Moved house, had garage so was then used outside to cover a cement mixer, Then used to cover bbq. Took it in only 4 weeks ago as got correct size bbq cover.

The cover is as was day 1 bar discolouration on the outside. Its perfect, seems and felt all in good nice. Its has a fierce amount of abuse in wicklow gales.

Would most definitely say its worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The Hedgehog

Well if it counts I have a pair of brand new Weise Montana Winter Gloves in XL - RRP €120 - for sale for €65 including postage within Ireland.

Unwanted and unworn gift.

These are waterproof, armoured, heavily insulated and top of the Weise winter range. Still in original packaging.

PayPal only.

HH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks lads. Bought that Oxford cover.
    Have a gsx 1400 with a topbox and bought the large
    Hopefully fits fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shanzze

honda boi wrote: »
    Hopefully fits fine

I picked up a large recently for a CBF600S and I have to take top box off for it to fix.

Shanzze wrote: »
    I picked up a large recently for a CBF600S and I have to take top box off for it to fix.

Thanks shanzze
    Don't want to be taking the top box so I emailed sportsbikeshop to see can I change my order from large to Xtra Large

• Advertisement

Hopefully fits fine

Mine was a large for a DL650 and 46Litre TopBox. Fits perfect. I think your bike may be slightly longer though rather than higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hopefully fits fine

Just be careful in high winds. My super four took a few tumbles in high winds while covered before and it basically scared me off using the cover on the Blackbird since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just be careful in high winds. My super four took a few tumbles in high winds while covered before and it basically scared me off using the cover on the Blackbird since.

A couple of bungee cords wrapped around it will solve that problem. Don't give the wind an opportunity to create a sail using the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Sale on a bike dryer, €98, cheapest ive seen. Ive used it on the gaming pc, will also use it on the mongrel. There are cheaper brands avaiable, but these are timesavers and seem to have gotten good reviews

http://polishnparts.ie/bruhl-md1400-single-turbine-dryer/

They are based in Cork and can collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

omerin wrote: »
    Sale on a bike dryer, €98, cheapest ive seen. Ive used it on the gaming pc, will also use it on the mongrel. There are cheaper brands avaiable, but these are timesavers and seem to have gotten good reviews

http://polishnparts.ie/bruhl-md1400-single-turbine-dryer/

They are based in Cork and can collect.

Got this over a year ago. Identical to that one very powerful with hit and cold option. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Display4top-2800W-power-levelless-dehumidifier/dp/B07R4XJJ91/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=pet+hair+dryer&qid=1606955120&sprefix=pet+hair+dry&sr=8-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Bike dryer. Jesus H Goddamned Christ. Just how soft has this world gone?

Mind you, i grew up in a world where you put newspapers inside your belstaff to stop your chest from icing up so you could still breathe, lined your boots with Dunnes stores bags and rode with one hand on top of the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

How hard does it hit?
    Is there a Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Junior button on it??

Wouldn't want my bike to get too badly hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

How hard does it hit?
    Is there a Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Junior button on it??

Wouldn't want my bike to get too badly hurt

Very powerful. Makes drying the bike afterwards a delight. Blasts all water out of the nook and crannys. Ps. Its also great for the dog. Definitely the Mike Tyson of blowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

After what happened to Evander Holyfield, you really wouldn't want to let Mike Tyson do any blowing :eek:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Breezin

Bike dryer. Jesus H Goddamned Christ. Just how soft has this world gone?

Mind you, i grew up in a world where you put newspapers inside your belstaff to stop your chest from icing up so you could still breathe, lined your boots with Dunnes stores bags and rode with one hand on top of the engine.

I'm glad you said that! Thought I was the only grumpy old codger left. :P

A bike dryer. Sweet, suffering Buddha!

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Thought it was called a towel.

Stay away from motor factors for your micro fibre towels, you'll be fleeced.

I found a great site for discounts on ear plugs but the hearing aids on the crusties on this thread would get in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Jesus fcukin wept......
    Just buy a 6 pack of microfiber towels or cloths in dealz for 1 euro 49 cents instead.
    Or go to a cash n carry wholesalers,like I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Jesus fcukin wept......
    Just buy a 6 pack of microfiber towels or cloths in dealz for 1 euro 49 cents instead.
    Or go to a cash n carry wholesalers,like I do.

Can ye walk in off the street and buy stuff in a cash n carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Stay away from motor factors for your micro fibre towels, you'll be fleeced.

I found a great site for discounts on ear plugs but the hearing aids on the crusties on this thread would get in the way

Maybe you'll get a pair in your next kinder egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 The Hedgehog

If it counts I have a Duchinni 1300 Crash Helmet for sale.

Size is XL

New and in original box.

RRP is about €200. Selling for €80 including postage within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Breezin

What? :pac:

I'm a great fan of hearing aids ear plugs, actually. One motorcycling 'innovation' that makes a lot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Or cheaper still......fresh air

Oxford cover arrived today.
    Unfortunately large is too small. Won't fit down past the exhausts. Top box obviously in the way. Not going to take it on and off constantly so gonna see if I can return it to sportsbikeshop and exchange for XL version

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

[PHP][/PHP]
    Unfortunately large is too small. Won't fit down past the exhausts. Top box obviously in the way. Not going to take it on and off constantly so gonna see if I can return it to sportsbikeshop and exchange for XL version

Is it a Stormex? Was just about to order a large from SBD. I might hold off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

If you have a second cover (get a cheap one) put it on over the bike the other way around so as the rear is covered, the put the Oxford one over that the right way around. I did this before and it really doesn't take that long more to take them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

I got the XL one just there for the F650gs, fits pretty well, I havn't my topbox on at the moment, but definitly space for it

a bike cover for your bike, seriously, you soft bastard, smartinmartin lies on his bike 24/7 :pac:

Lee Motorcycles have free 20 point safety check, booking needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

a bike cover for your bike, seriously, you soft bastard, smartinmartin lies on his bike 24/7 :pac:

I've a bike cover on mine at the moment with the ****ty weather in Fermanagh. We've no storage for the bikes here, and I am working around my parents house most days doing block work and manual labour so I'd rather protect the bike. I haven't ridden my bike in 2 weeks unfortunately, any time we have a good day its back to working on the house as the Hydraulic Lime does not like **** weather to work in

• Advertisement

Huh.?

Why wouldn't you put a cover on your bike in Ireland...

Advertisement