Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Few nice bits coming up in Lidl

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=1034

Anybody know how sturdy those shelves are?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Shelves are grand and sturdy for what they are, I have a set I got 2 yrs ago and still going strong. You dont have to build them up that high you can have them half and half waist high if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Grand, might give them a shot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sputnik wrote: »
    Anybody know how sturdy those shelves are?

Ya would'nt be throwing an engine onto one...but grand for light stuff..fix it to the wall if you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Lots of bargains at the RDS bike show today.
    Picked up Yamaha Tech 3 tops for myself and herself and also put a deposit down on some race leathers.
    Lots of tools on sale too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭ratracer

Lots of bargains at the RDS bike show today.
    Picked up Yamaha Tech 3 tops for myself and herself and also put a deposit down on some race leathers.
    Lots of tools on sale too

Any dealer there selling rear shocks?

ratracer wrote: »
    Any dealer there selling rear shocks?

Crossans were there,Megabikes and some other NI and UK shops.

Didnt notice shocks,but then again I wasnt looking for them.

A few scantily clad ladies wandering about too,one in particular had more or less nothing on.:pac::D

I will throw up some pics later on.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

A few scantily clad ladies wandering about too,one in particular had more or less nothing on.:pac::D

Worth the entrance fee alone!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

headin there first thing in the morning, anyone know any chape tickets going?

Wossack wrote: »
    headin there first thing in the morning, anyone know any chape tickets going?

I gave away 3 free tickets yesterday.

A few tasters,for now....

20170303_152001_zpsnzvnej2z.jpg

20170303_152741_zpsjmb2zjo4.jpg

20170303_150420_zpsgyjcxueq.jpg

20170303_142009_zpsnhvajvjw.jpg

20170303_140730_zpswhkovvae.jpg

20170303_134955_zpsri0qlumr.jpg

20170303_135353_zpswhiwgyrt.jpg

20170303_155043_zpsuseulvda.jpg

20170303_155331_zps4mzgmsju.jpg

20170303_155021_zpsscdne8h2.jpg

20170303_160259_zpsbfaqnrgw.jpg

20170303_165119_zpsjqob209h.jpg

20170303_162425_zpsoorsgh3s.jpg

20170303_162322_zpsxjauxihv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=1035&utm_source=IE_WK09_Thu_Newsletter&utm_campaign=IE_WK09_Thu_Newsletter_Car_Care&utm_medium=IE_WK09_Thu_Email

The heavy duty hand cleaner is the dogs bollocks! Should last ages too. Wish I had gotten more than two though.

Lads Halfords have the Magnum security locks for €30, I was looking at these a few months ago and they were nearer €100. Rated 10 on the security scale they are very well made with 5 keys one of which has a little LED light on it better then any chain (bar almax obviously) and is long enough for swingarm and wheel locking and great for popping in the backbox or actually locking to the frame of the bike for when out and about.

You get a carry bracket but its for a bicycle so I stuck it on my bike for when I need it on the bike and the lock in the back box of motorcycle

Absolute bargain for the price, website says €40 but I have been in 2 halfords over the last 3 days and they are €30 in stores. I got mine for €30 in Meath....

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/magnum-plus-magsolid-shackle-lock-115x230x14mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Still 40 in coolock. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Off topic abit lads sorry but whats the best/cheapest site to buy service parts ( oil filter, oil , air filter , plugs etc)

My local shop is charging crazy prices 55e for never heard before of oil and 15 for filter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Off topic abit lads sorry but whats the best/cheapest site to buy service parts ( oil filter, oil , air filter , plugs etc)

My local shop is charging crazy prices 55e for never heard before of oil and 15 for filter

am always pimping these guys (should be on commission)

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/

also had very good experience with an adverts user 'malisz'

http://www.adverts.ie/member/853142

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭ratracer

I'd second motorcycleshop.ie, good prices and very quick delivery on anything I have ordered from them in the past.

I get me oil/air filters from Ebay and get them delivered to a family members house in the Uk for free.
    I then being them back home on the plane in my cabin baggage.

Oh and thanks to the poster who mentioned the Lidl heavy duty hand cleaner,picked up a tub of it at lunch,and its the mutts nutts.

I recently used motorcycleshop.ie for the 1st time and they are very very good. Would not use anyone else after these boys, competitive prices and very fast delivery and dont have to put up with the popularity bollox of certain Dublin shops (if you in the clique or know the know you get good prices otherwise you get screwed)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

"
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I recently used motorcycleshop.ie for the 1st time and they are very very good. Would not use anyone else after these boys, competitive prices and very fast delivery and dont have to put up with the popularity bollox of certain Dublin shops (if you in the clique or know the know you get good prices otherwise you get screwed)

They are great , bought stuff from them recently and got a VIP pass to the RDS bike show for free, they have a 10 % online discount code until the end of March , the code is SHOW17 . they offer FREE DELIVERY on purchases over 49 euro . buy at home not in England

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

and NO I don't work for them , just a very satisfied customer of motorcycleshop.ie over many years , would not touch the shop with the big windows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Also next day delivery is superb.

Lads Halfords have the Magnum security locks for €30, I was looking at these a few months ago and they were nearer €100. Rated 10 on the security scale they are very well made with 5 keys one of which has a little LED light on it better then any chain (bar almax obviously) and is long enough for swingarm and wheel locking and great for popping in the backbox or actually locking to the frame of the bike for when out and about.

You get a carry bracket but its for a bicycle so I stuck it on my bike for when I need it on the bike and the lock in the back box of motorcycle

Absolute bargain for the price, website says €40 but I have been in 2 halfords over the last 3 days and they are €30 in stores. I got mine for €30 in Meath....

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/magnum-plus-magsolid-shackle-lock-115x230x14mm

Bought that lock today,very sturdy,but quite light to carry in the packpack.
    Thanks Wonda.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I just checked them, €100.70 for a service kit for my bike. Got it on ebay for €54.0 delivered via parcel motel :D

But I think for serviceable items in general its hard to beat ebay prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

COOLANT. More of a request. I'm looking for 5l of coolant. Honda, and silicate free. What do you use + where to buy? Also is the halfords ready mixed brand ok for bikes?

COOLANT. More of a request. I'm looking for 5l of coolant. Honda, and silicate free. What do you use + where to buy? Also is the halfords ready mixed brand ok for bikes?

Cotters,big drum of it for about 30 yoyos.

5l? Silicate free? Brand? Last time I was there one of the lads couldn't say for definite if it was Silicate free. To be honest 3 different bike shops at one stage couldnt say for definite if the the coolant was safe for my bike. You sort of get a look as if you had 2 heads and they say "well this is the stuff we sell"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This says it's silicate free.
    Can I ask way 5 litres?
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361837441881

blade1 wrote: »
    This says it's silicate free.
    Can I ask way 5 litres?
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361837441881

Spotted them on eBay alright. Not a bad price. Well the blackbird takes 4.3 litres. I think anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Spotted them on eBay alright. Not a bad price. Well the blackbird takes 4.3 litres. I think anyway

Yeah????
    That sounds like a crazy amount.
    My ZZR1400 takes 2 litres.

Btw I'd be double checking all the specs on whichever coolant you go for.
    There are a few different Motul Moto Cool type ones even.

Advertisement