Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

The one I got has an FM radio and stereo jack built in.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000M-6-Riders-FM-Motorcycle-Intercom-A2DP-BT-Bluetooth-Wireless-Waterproof-Interphone-Helmet-Headset-Earphone-New/32686994434.html

Ignore the price; it's been inflated to look like a great deal in the upcoming "sale".

I paid c.$35. "Sale" price will be c.$33.

@Zascar - Wouldn't count on headsets from different manufacturers being compatible for intercom use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

fdevine wrote: »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000M-6-Riders-FM-Motorcycle-Intercom-A2DP-BT-Bluetooth-Wireless-Waterproof-Interphone-Helmet-Headset-Earphone-New/32686994434.html

Ignore the price; it's been inflated to look like a great deal in the upcoming "sale".

@Zascar - Wouldn't count on headsets from different manufacturers being compatible for intercom use.

How quickly did that arrive from the time of ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Where does the mic go or is it mic and headphones in the same port ?

How quickly did that arrive from the time of ordering?

Took four weeks exactly from order to delivery and that was over Christmas.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Where does the mic go or is it mic and headphones in the same port ?

The mic is on a flexible boom very similar to the Aldi one.

The earpads & mic connect by a single cable to the unit. You clamp or Velcro the unit to the outside of your helmet. Same connector port is used to charge it via USB. The stereo jack is separate and protected by a little rubber plug when not in use.

The mic is on a flexible boom very similar to the Aldi one.

The earpads & mic connect by a single cable to the unit. You clamp or Velcro the unit to the outside of your helmet. Same connector port is used to charge it via USB. The stereo jack is separate and protected by a little rubber plug when not in use.

Can you use normal earbuds to listen to satnav and music then?

Can you use normal earbuds to listen to satnav and music then?

Yes you can. Any earphones/buds with the right sized jack.

Yes you can. Any earphones/buds with the right sized jack.

Sweet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That's brilliant! So we can just plug in a set of earphones and the sound comes out from them and the voice goes in through the mic boom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Sweet.:)

I may have typed too soon on that one. Haven't used the jack for headphones so going to try it later & report back. The jack may be just for connecting non-BT devices. :o

I may have typed too soon on that one. Haven't used the jack for headphones so going to try it later & report back. The jack may be just for connecting non-BT devices. :o

Thanks for doing that.:)

Me and about 8 other bikers raided the local Aldi store at 9am this morning.

Nobody touched the jackets or trousers though.
    Just base layers and neck warmers.Oh and the bike covers.

Personally speaking........dont buy the gloves,no wrist or scaphoid protection on them.
    They are cheap for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Personally speaking........dont buy the gloves,no wrist or scaphoid protection on them.

Tell me you at least got the skull face balaclava stewy?!

20170330_090929_zps76e70i0i.jpg

Oh and no tubs of fence paint were harmed in the purchasing of the motorbike gear.:pac::P:D

So the jack is a 2.5mm one.

All my earbuds & headphones have 3.5mm plugs so couldn't check but I suspect, having read the "Chinglish" manual that the jack is only for connecting devices without Bluetooth via an audio in cable.

If I can find an adapter I'll check to be 100%.

All my earbuds & headphones have 3.5mm plugs so couldn't check but I suspect, having read the "Chinglish" manual that the jack is only for connecting devices without Bluetooth via an audio in cable.

Boards approved "motorbike product tester"....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5mm-Right-Angled-Stereo-Jack-Plug-to-3-5mm-Socket-Adapter-Cable-/190480937488?hash=item2c598c7210:g:E-MAAOSw-W5Uu19Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness there are many a high price branded glove with no scaphoid protection Mr Stephen.

Gonna have a look myself later, just base layers I am after.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness there are many a high price branded glove with no scaphoid protection Mr Stephen.

Gonna have a look myself later, just base layers I am after.

Mr Stephen.........haha....:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I had the scaphoid once, terrible thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    I had the scaphoid once, terrible thing.

What the gloves or the injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What the gloves or the injury?

He made it sound like a sexually transmitted disease!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MojiGoji

Made a quick vid on some of the stuff I picked up this morning. Might help some of ye decide whether to go after work or not.

Popped into Aldi Finglas on my way home.

Hardly anything left.

Yiz are a bunch of savages yous are......:pac::D

Got 2 more skeleton balaclavas,they are pretty cool looking,and for the price,sure its a no brainer..:D

Oxford/halfrauds want 10 euro for a plain black one thats the exact same material....fook off out of that.:rolleyes:

PS-Dont know who does the sizing for Aldi but I got a medium Merino wool top there this morning,and the thing is swimming on me.

I look like the kid out of the film BIG,its that big and loose on me,:pac::pac::P

Have it in the washing machine now,to see if it shrinks a bit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I needed a new battery and was about to buy locally but I had a quick look on ebay and saved a ton: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/401209825148 - €40 delivered to parcel motel - bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Of course ya saved a fortune on a fooking Dynavolt. Ive never heard anything but crap about them. Cancel that dude and get a Yuasa or Motobatt

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    Of course ya saved a fortune on a fooking Dynavolt. Ive never heard anything but crap about them. Cancel that dude and get a Yuasa or Motobatt

You dont mince yer words do you??:pac::D

But yeah,you is dead right.:)

Yuasa,MotoBat or Shido.

Advertisement