Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I guess my current mood did come across in my post.... :o

But yeah, my point still stands :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ha, well I called the guy in Battery World - he has Yuasa and Dyanavolt. I asked him was it worth paying the extra for the Yuasa, he said they both have a 1 year warranty so most people just go for the Dynavolt.

I have two batteries for my bike. Because I don't always use it consistently, anything over a week and it will be dead so I have to swap it out (no power points for a trickle charger). Ironically out of the two batteries I have - it's the Yuasa that has died and the Dynavolt is fine. The dynavolt is the one that has been in it all winter.

A week and your battery is dead? That cant be right surely?
    My bike hadnt been started in 4 months at one stage and fired up immediately without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Zascar wrote: »
    Ha, well I called the guy in Battery World - he has Yuasa and Dyanavolt. I asked him was it worth paying the extra for the Yuasa, he said they both have a 1 year warranty so most people just go for the Dynavolt.

I have two batteries for my bike. Because I don't always use it consistently, anything over a week and it will be dead so I have to swap it out (no power points for a trickle charger). Ironically out of the two batteries I have - it's the Yuasa that has died and the Dynavolt is fine. The dynavolt is the one that has been in it all winter.

Solar-powered trickle charger?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have an alarm and an immobiliser so it saps the thing. I might get a couple of weeks but rarely more.

No sunshine in the underground car park unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads just be aware that the rain cover trousers in aldi are missing the most important thing....the mesh liner for the inside leg. Any thing like that missing the liner SWEATS YOU LIKE A MOFO making you really uncomfortable.

Rain leggings with the mesh liner are only slighty more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I have an alarm and an immobiliser so it saps the thing. I might get a couple of weeks but rarely more.

No sunshine in the underground car park unfortunately!

Sorry....but I had to post this................:pac::P

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads just be aware that the rain cover trousers in aldi are missing the most important thing....the mesh liner for the inside leg. Any thing like that missing the liner SWEATS YOU LIKE A MOFO making you really uncomfortable.

Rain leggings with the mesh liner are only slighty more expensive.

Agreed,but less time sweating in the gym though.:D

Agreed,but less time sweating in the gym though.:D

67665154.jpg

goodlad wrote: »
    67665154.jpg

Max to the Extreme.:pac::D:D

• Advertisement

Right.......enough of this tomfoolery.:pac::D

This is a very serious thread, lioke ya know lioke.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you're in an underground car park and use the alarm, it's worth spending the money on a good battery. Odyssey batteries are the dogs. Bit late now that you bought one! Odyssey batteries are used a lot on boats, they hold a full charge for a long time if they're not being used, cold temperatures has very little effect and they're dry cell (gel), so nothing to leak. Even when almost discharged they have high power output.
    You're looking at about €120 delivered for one though, but they last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MojiGoji wrote: »
    Made a quick vid on some of the stuff I picked up this morning. Might help some of ye decide whether to go after work or not.

You didn't get them in Lidl, though, did you... :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Large flexi funnels for 1 euro 49 cents in Dealz.

Bargain considering Halfords want 7 euro for the same thing.

Shame they are not in all Dealz, none in Meath. Was in there today to pick one up.....:mad:

20170407_113603_zpsjmlykjd3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

that no more dirty bike in dealz is also good stuff , same as muc off just cheaper :)

Shame they are not in all Dealz, none in Meath. Was in there today to pick one up.....:mad:

Dealz in Omni my friend.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Shame they are not in all Dealz, none in Meath. Was in there today to pick one up.....

Did you try Drogheda? Usually have a good stock esp the one in town.

DROGHEDA....sure thats a 3 day camel journey for me.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

DROGHEDA....sure thats a 3 day camel journey for me.

:P

I picked up 3 in Mr. Price in Ashbourne yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

pudzey101 wrote: »
    that no more dirty bike in dealz is also good stuff , same as muc off just cheaper :)

Are you sure its the same stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Are you sure its the same stuff?

That means the cheap one is better at cleaning!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads if you're going to use that stuff on your bike, and its really good, but be very careful not to use it on loose paint and rinse it off very well.

Its really corrosive, just be aware of that.

Yeah I mean you are putting it on and taking it off 3-5 mins laterz...no biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yeah I mean you are putting it on and taking it off 3-5 mins laterz...no biggie.

I've been using it for years. I think I've some photos in the cycling forum of some damage it done to the paint on one of my bicycle frames!.

I still use it, but I'm very careful with it too.

It makes a great degreaser too. I mostly use it to clean my bicycle's chains and mech.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Muck off if left on too long can also be very damaging. Saw a mates throttle grip almost welded to the bar with rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

10% code for halfords.ie here, drop me a pm if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

• Advertisement

rat_race wrote: »

Plus postage.

Same kit is 13 quid on Ebay.
    Bought it before and have used it twice so far

Advertisement