Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcat Predator 8 Moderator

• 01-09-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

hi all,mate wants opinions on above for 223,any advice/views welcome,thanks........he will be buying a remington 223.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all,mate wants opinions on above for 223,any advice/views welcome,thanks........he will be buying a remington 223.

There is much smaller and lighter mods for sale than the Wildcat Predator 8. I have one for my 308 and am getting rid of it so I can get a Hausken. DPT also have a good name for themselves.

All three are the same price at 300 euro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Second hand at the right price then go for it. Good all around mod

New, then as above, i'd look around as there are better for the same money.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

Cass wrote: »
    Second hand at the right price then go for it. Good all around mod

New, then as above, i'd look around as there are better for the same money.

thanks for that lads......cass when you say better,do you mean build wise or sound reduction wise? also he wants to buy new,thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Both.

The problem with buying a suppressor is people's opinions. My own included. They vary, even on the same suppressor, based on people's perceptions of the sound reduction.

On paper most suppressors vary so slightly that in reality you shouldn't be able to distinguish one from the other. However on paper and real world results differ. I have owned most types of suppressors over the years. I've found that some of the "lesser" suppressors seem to have a better sound reduction than the more expensive ones even though on paper the more expensive one is stated to be quieter.

It depends on the calibre of rifle the suppressor is going and the environment in which they are shot/used/tested.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement