Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st gear Ford Focus

• 01-09-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

I have a 2008 ford focus C max and sometimes when I put it into first gear and go to take off it's pop out of gear. Generally it will go in fine the second time and off I go. At first it was only happening occasionally but it has become more frequent.

Would anybody have come across this before and have an idea of how much I might be looking at to fix.

I hope to upgrade soon, but it could be 6 months away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

What engine is it? 1.8 TDCI? If it always works the second time it sounds like you're not putting it into gear properly. Give it a second push into first every time you go into first and you might notice that sometimes you're not in the gear fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

shietpilot wrote: »
    What engine is it? 1.8 TDCI? If it always works the second time it sounds like you're not putting it into gear properly. Give it a second push into first every time you go into first and you might notice that sometimes you're not in the gear fully.

1.6 petrol, 100% we're putting it into gear properly. Didn't start happening until we had the car for ages

I've had this on a 6 speed astra but in 3rd very recently .
    I hate to tell you but I'll keep getting worse and worse until it fails.
    Started exactly like how you describe .
    Then it would pop out unless you were accelerating.
    Then it wouldnt stay in at all unless held.
    then the 3rd gear sprocket self destructed .
    Took about a year.
    Cost around 600 to get the box out,reconditioned (didn't do all the bearings or it would have been a lot more).
    Was advised to do the clutch and DMF while it was out but would have been 2k +

Advertisement