Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rental for Driving Test

• 01-09-2016 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hello There
    Can someone guide me please.
    My driving test is next week. I hold a foreign full license for cars. This License is not accepted for exchange on Ireland. So I need to take a test.

My question is, at present I don't own a car. Will it be accepted if I take test with a rented car. Based on my full foreign license, I can get a rental car. If I need to go with instructor car it is too expensive. If I rent a car for test, which is lot cheaper than renting instructor car.

Please advice if rented car with Insurance is accepted for the test ?

Thanking you
    Regards
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dennyk

You would need to get a letter from whoever is providing the insurance on your rental car (whether it be the rental agency, your credit card issuer, your own automotive insurance policy in another country, etc.) stating that the insurance explicitly covers using the car to take a driving test. If you don't have that, they may refuse to let you do the test in that car.

If you can't get such a letter, you'll probably want to go ahead with hiring a car from your driving instructor for use on your test date; it's more expensive, but it will ensure that you don't forfeit your test (and lose your test fee in the process)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Id hire the instructor car OP , looks good on the day , sets a good impression using a ADI car .

Done that myself had the car for 2 hours and was use to it within 15 mins . Well worth the extra few bob if you pass .

Advertisement