Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

FanadMan wrote: »
    Don't forget we were tortured with baby making/pregnancy/birth/childraising stuff from D&M. But if they talked about their own bodily functions and the consistency of their stools, it would be way better than the the loose stool water (currently watching an old episode of QI and that was a memorable quote from Stephen Fry) that the current morning muppets spew out.

I have to agree with you, FanadMan. Dee and Marty, although vastly superior to Colm & Lucy, weren't an ideal match as co-presenters. Personally, I feel that Dee is much better presenting alone and Marty & Conor were the better duo of Morning Glory's various incarnations. Although Morning Glory wasn't my favourite show, I'd be ecstatic if I switched on Nova this morning and Morning Glory with Marty & Conor was back, knowing those other pair were gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Stuck in traffic there and i tuned into Morty to see if he's improved...big fat NO....man he loves to talk about sh1te, on an on , say he's a great man at a pardy goin on about gas boilers or babies...jesus he's insufferable...almost as false and boring as courtenay and you know who...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Tuned into Courtenay yesterday and he played Sailing to Philidelphia - Love that tune. Was a bit shocked he had never heard it before. It was a suggestion for his Duets day or whatever it was.

Still a good tune and I enjoyed it.

Totally..JT is a legend.....Heard Stevie Wonder , Higher ground..AGAIN...do they ever play the Chilli peppers version...or do they know it exists...its deffo guitar based...:p

Deleting comments on Facebook again. They're starting to look like a desperate dictator in the dying throes of their regime.

'What are your feelings towards the Colm & Lucy Breakfast Show?'

'I hate it!'

'You must love it. It is not enough to listen to it. You must love it.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Kyle More wrote: »
    Deleting comments on Facebook again. They're starting to look like a desperate dictator in the dying throes of their regime.

'What are your feelings towards the Colm & Lucy Breakfast Show?'

'I hate it!'

'You must love it. It is not enough to listen to it. You must love it.'

Where was that question? Would love to give my honest answer :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Where was that question? Would love to give my honest answer :D;)

Looks like they killed it by flooding the page with ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ORBY73

Stuck in traffic there and i tuned into Morty to see if he's improved...big fat NO....man he loves to talk about sh1te, on an on , say he's a great man at a pardy goin on about gas boilers or babies...jesus he's insufferable...almost as false and boring as courtenay and you know who...:rolleyes:

An absolute gob****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha I just clicked on "visitors posts" the positive posts are so few they either have learning difficulties or they're their mates

• Advertisement

Ha I just clicked on "visitors posts" the positive posts are so few they either have learning difficulties or they're their mates

The extremely poor grammar and spelling is also a curious element of the positive posts. Then again, the Colm & Lucy Show isn't exactly aimed at the more discerning listener.

The extremely poor grammar and spelling is also a curious element of the positive posts. Then again, the Colm & Lucy Show isn't exactly aimed at the more discerning listener.

It's the radio equivalent of The Germ'y Kyle show.....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mloc123 wrote: »
    Had the station on a lunch time today... I heard that Colm and Lucy are threatening to show up at peoples xmas parties...

As if a work christmas party isn't bad enough...

I'm very tempted......can I invite ye all around too...SUPRISE.....:)

I thought I heard murmurings about this, I thought it had to be a wind-up. So.......they're going to turn up at people's Christmas parties? For what, exactly? Are the financial constraints so dire at Castleforbes House that they can't hold their own staff party, so they're bumming a free turkey dinner and a few scoops off other people's employers?

Hayes is not content with getting into peoples heads...now he wants to get into their homes too.....their insurance company must be sh1tting themselves...

• Advertisement

Whats going on with Nova's web stream? It keeps breaking down and repeating the previous couple of minutes,its been like that for the last few days! Any other online station I listen to plays normally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

We should stage an Xmas party and tell Hayes what we think of him

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    We should stage an Xmas party and tell Hayes what we think of him

Reckon he already knows that......;)

Reckon he already knows that......

Guess he's like Trump.....thinks everyone loves him.

Guess he's like Trump.....thinks everyone loves him.

Is Trump a pervy bully too.......:D

• Advertisement

Just so ya know...Christmas TXFM is back on...sooo much better than nova.......:D

Just so ya know...Christmas TXFM is back on...sooo much better than nova.......:D

I've been tuning in to Lyric FM these past few mornings, myself. It's actually quite nice to listen to, first thing in the morning. Admittedly, I haven't a clue regarding the people behind the compositions. My knowledge of classical music is on par with Colm & Lucy's knowledge of rock music. But hey, who cares? It's nice to listen to and it gets me away from that other pair. Surprisingly enough, Lyric were running a competition this morning to win a copy of the Beatles White Album to mark the 50th anniversary of its release, and Marty Whelan actually ended up playing some tunes from the album itself. I wasn't complaining.

Just so ya know...Christmas TXFM is back on...sooo much better than nova.....

Really,is there a link to the web stream available!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ORBY73

What frequency?

Christmas TXFM?

Christmas TXFM?

Ah lads.....105.2...TX old frequency...heard my 2 favorite songs when i tuned in...Greg Lake and The Ronettes....cheered me right up....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Christmas TXFM?

I reckon he meant Christmas FM (or XMAS FM on RDS) which is on 105.2 in Dublin! I was looking at the website for Christmas FM and some of the presenters are past or present presenters from Radio Nova: Davin O'Callaghan, Gareth O'Connor, Marty Miller and Lisa Gernon.... and probably Hugh O'Brien and Mike Maloney.

Ah lads.....105.2...TX old frequency...heard my 2 favorite songs when i tuned in...Greg Lake and The Ronettes....cheered me right up....:P

Ahhh, gotcha ;)

I reckon he meant Christmas FM (or XMAS FM on RDS) which is on 105.2 in Dublin! I was looking at the website for Christmas FM and some of the presenters are past or present presenters from Radio Nova: Davin O'Callaghan, Gareth O'Connor, Marty Miller and Lisa Gernon.... and probably Hugh O'Brien and Mike Maloney.

Isn't Mike doin something for RTE now,,,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

weekly 70s show on RTE Gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Living In The 70's on Tuesday afternoon, and is repeated on Saturday mornings between 8 and 9.

weekly 70s show on RTE Gold
    Trebor176 wrote: »
    Living In The 70's on Tuesday afternoon, and is repeated on Saturday mornings between 8 and 9.

I actually heard some of Mike Maloney's new show on RTE Gold a week or so ago. Before, during and after Radio Nova, he has turned up on Christmas FM. I suspect he will be on again this year - probably on Saturday afternoons or evenings.

Speaking of temporary licensed stations, it is interesting to see who of those currently involved with Nova has had involvement with such stations. Here's what I have:
    Kevin Brannigan: Choice FM, 949 The Rock and The Rock.
    Marty Miller: Real Radio, Zenith Classic Rock and Christmas FM.
    Dee Woods: Real Radio.
    Pat Courtenay: 949 The Rock and Christmas FM.
    Lisa Gernon: Christmas FM.
    Tony Ainscough: 949 The Rock.
    And over on Radio Nova's digital station Classic Rock we have -
    Pat James: 949 The Rock and Zenith Classic Rock.

I actually heard some of Mike Maloney's new show on RTE Gold a week or so ago. Before, during and after Radio Nova, he has turned up on Christmas FM. I suspect he will be on again this year - probably on Saturday afternoons or evenings.

Speaking of temporary licensed stations, it is interesting to see who of those currently involved with Nova has had involvement with such stations. Here's what I have:

Funny that the common denominator is "rock"....ironically doesn't apply to nova....

I found out since that Rebecca Horan was involved with Walk In My Shoes - temporary station which broadcasts for Mental Health Week.

Here is another angle on the previous experience of Radio Nova's staff.

All of the following have done stints as presenters on Wicklow's East Coast Radio /East Coast FM: Kevin Brannigan, Marty Miller, Dee Woods, Lisa Gernon and Greg Gaughren.

Many of the broadcasting staff on Nova started on the pirates. I think this reflects the ages of many of them. By the same token, the younger members of staff did not come through the pirate route. So, the names that come to mind for the pirates experience are:
    Kevin Brannigan, Colm Hayes, Greg Gaughren, Pat Courtenay, Liam Quigley, John Clarke and Pat James (the latter with digital station Classic Rock).

Anyone notice PC talking to a competition winner off air, he left the mike open, during Spanish Stroll today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anyone notice PC talking to a competition winner off air, he left the mike open, during Spanish Stroll today?

Yes, wasn't sure if it was one of his 'comedy' sketches.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Was listening to Greg Gaughran in the car last night. He played a rather fantastic "trad" sounding song from the Pogues. One you wouldn't hear too often on Nova. Who else wishes Greg had more free reign on what he can play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Does anyone actually enjoy listening to that muppet Pat Courtenay other than himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Does anyone actually enjoy listening to that muppet Pat Courtenay other than himself?

*puts hand up*
    **ducks**
    ***runs out door***

I do listen to him on occasion, he does play sometimes some decent tunes.

Kamili wrote: »
    *puts hand up*
    **ducks**
    ***runs out door***

Agree, theres a few others I'd kick out the door before him.
    And on Greg, enjoyed his morning show. Rarely get to listen to him now.

jvan wrote: »

Ditto...but then again that was the plan...next stop...nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

jvan wrote: »

Yeah, change was needed I suppose. I personally the night slot suits Greg's presenting style better, though.

Between Creedon on RTE 1, John Kelly on Lyric, and Paul McLoone on Today FM, he's up against quite a lot in terms of listeners!

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Yeah, change was needed I suppose. I personally the night slot suits Greg's presenting style better, though.

Between Creedon on RTE 1, John Kelly on Lyric, and Paul McLoone on Today FM, he's up against quite a lot in terms of listeners!

Thats true, theres no lack of quality in the evening schedules.

• Advertisement

He isn't the worst in fairness.....and at least is a proper DJ.

He isn't the worst in fairness.....and at least is a proper DJ.

I agree - if he was given free reign on his playlist, it would be a great show. He is a real rock head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Greg Gaughran is the head of music on radio nova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kamili wrote: »
    *puts hand up*
    **ducks**
    ***runs out door***

I think his music choices are ok, but I can't stand him as a "personality". I literally can't listen to him say "Pat-Nav" one more time :pac: which is a shame, as the music alternatives on the radio at that time are pretty poor.

Mr Snow wrote: »
    Greg Gaughran is the head of music on radio nova.

I thought computers were "Heads of Music" on stations since around 2000

• Advertisement
Advertisement