Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I think a Saturday Night 90s show would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Stuck listening to Miller this week...torture.:rolleyes:..does he always mention his "kids" at some point in his talk-show.......??

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

So what does everyone think of new weekend afternoon presenter Neil Molloy? Also it is nice to see Ruth still getting shifts.

He's another one of Hayes gimmicks. That's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Enjoyed the breakfast show this morning. Liam is so much better than Hayes, the music was better as well. The fact the show actually started at 6am was great. It went downhill a little bit when Lucy arrived at 7am but still better than usual.

Liam has barely any knowledge of music whatsoever. Yes a radio guy, not a music bloke. Gentleman too, but not a right fit to replace John Clarke. That was when Nova crossed the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

AlgerShane wrote: »
    He's another one of Hayes gimmicks. That's what.

Some man for talking is Mr Molloy not my cup of tea ! Thank god for internet radio !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Liam has barely any knowledge of music whatsoever. Yes a radio guy, not a music bloke. Gentleman too, but not a right fit to replace John Clarke. That was when Nova crossed the line.

Haven't heard enough of Liam to comment on his music knowledge. Didn't listen to John Clarke very often as I didn't tend to be in the car when his show was on. So I wouldn't try to compare the two. However Liam was a fantastic replacement for Hayes. And if he was the one picking the tunes those mornings, then I'm happy with his musical tastes.

I don't think that a great deal of musical knowledge is needed for a breakfast show host but they should have at least a basic level of knowledge of the music they are playing (or meant to be playing). Lucy didn't even know who Eddie Vedder was and couldn't pronounce his name FFS!

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Haven't heard enough of Liam to comment on his music knowledge. Didn't listen to John Clarke very often as I didn't tend to be in the car when his show was on. So I wouldn't try to compare the two. However Liam was a fantastic replacement for Hayes. And if he was the one picking the tunes those mornings, then I'm happy with his musical tastes.

I don't think that a great deal of musical knowledge is needed for a breakfast show host but they should have at least a basic level of knowledge of the music they are playing (or meant to be playing). Lucy didn't even know who Eddie Vedder was and couldn't pronounce his name FFS!

Even Weird Al Yankovic knows who Eddie Vedder is.

Heard LQ mispronounce a band the other day...cant think of it now...but it made me cry a little...HEY..LEAVE EDDY VENDER OUT OF THIS..HES A GOD...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I heard a bit there on Nova where the sting was saying 'Nova is Coldplay the best of Rock' or something to that effect.
    I thought to myself, they play the likes of that on easy listening stations like Q102.
    Personally I would consider Coldplay easy listening type music at best, background music at worst.
    Is this how diluted Nova has become if Coldplay is considered Rock and is promoted front and centre?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I heard a bit there on Nova where the sting was saying 'Nova is Coldplay the best of Rock' or something to that effect.
    I thought to myself, they play the likes of that on easy listening stations like Q102.
    Personally I would consider Coldplay easy listening type music at best, background music at worst.
    Is this how diluted Nova has become if Coldplay is considered Rock and is promoted front and centre?

Nova lost its rock status years ago. Now it's bants, 80's and easy listening crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

... and yet they have a classic rock station radio licence.
    Nonsense at this stage.

... and yet they have a classic rock station radio licence.
    Nonsense at this stage.

Hope fully the new PD will revert back to the good ould days........:p

Hope fully the new PD will revert back to the good ould days........

New PD? You heard some news? Is Colon leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hope fully the new PD will revert back to the good ould days........:p

Spill the beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah stop. Coldplay are rock by any definition. If Q102 play them then that's Q102's business.

Now, Coldplay are also shyte but that's a different question.

Ah stop. Coldplay are rock by any definition. If Q102 play them then that's Q102's business.

Everybody plays coldplay....yes they a sh1te, but i've heard worse on nova..

Miller...."..after the break on No-vaaaa it's The Pleece...".....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Kate Bush featuring regularly on Nova over the past few years

Kate Bush featuring regularly on Nova over the past few years

Why shouldn't she

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Miller...."..after the break on No-vaaaa it's The Pleece...".....:rolleyes:

Whenever I see this thread popping up you seem to have a recent comment. Every comment is some form of criticism, why do you continue to listen? You're one of nova's most avid listeners! :D

• Advertisement

Whenever I see this thread popping up you seem to have a recent comment. Every comment is some form of criticism, why do you continue to listen? You're one of nova's most avid listeners! :D

Sadly I've no control over the people who listen when I'm on their premises...oh how I wish...:p......it's mostly Miller I get to hear for a few minutes..he's always talking too much and about sh1te..I really feel for Dee..he's a bore....bit like me..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I wouldn't say Coldplay are rock. I'd have them in the same bracket as Kodaline, The Script and Snow Patrol...Just bland pop bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Nice little comment there by PC. While referring to the *D* , he says *Make Nova great again* :)

Nice little comment there by PC. While referring to the *D* , he says *Make Nova great again* :)

Easy - get rid of Colon and Loopy and sack the person that writes the current playlist. Let the DJs choose what they want to play and allow listeners to pick music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Radio Nova= lots and lots and lots of 80s music .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Radio Nova= lots and lots and lots of 80s music .......
    In line with their target audience

Many people who were young back in the 80s are now in their 50s. Are they Nova's target audience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Many people who were young back in the 80s are now in their 50s. Are they Nova's target audience?

Yes. 25 to 54.

Made two attempts recently to have newish tracks included in their playlist, but failed on both attempts. Firstly I asked if 'Vote For Me' by the Specials could be played in the week of the recent election (very apt), yet they played Ghost Town (1981) and not very apt at all. previously I asked if they could play a track off "Two against Nature" by Steely Dan, but no, they just had to go way back in time to a Dan track from Groucho (1980), so yes, they really are hooked on the 80s ...

• Advertisement

They would have had to run it by Hayes...so no surprise they didnt play them...their listeners would have turned off....

At the rate that Hayes is wasting money fuelling his ego the station is doomed....

Who else reckons this would be a good idea? They already have an 80s show on Fridays so I reckon a 90s one on Saturday nights would be a nice complementary show. I reckon someone who was on the radio in the 90s would be a good presenter - Dusty Rhodes for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Who else reckons this would be a good idea? They already have an 80s show on Fridays so I reckon a 90s one on Saturday nights would be a nice complementary show. I reckon someone who was on the radio in the 90s would be a good presenter - Dusty Rhodes for example.

Dusty Rhodes has a radio show on 4fm on Sundays 5 to 8pm which he plays 90s

Put it to John Clarke....;)

Such a huge weekend for live music, nova missed a trick by not jumping on the weekend gigs, turned on the breakfast show for a second and had to switch off... Usual mundane Crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

They would have had to run it by Hayes...so no surprise they didnt play them...their listeners would have turned off....

At the rate that Hayes is wasting money fuelling his ego the station is doomed....

In fairness they have been in the sh1tter financially long before that dunce Hayes arrived on the scene but he is just compounding things.

• Advertisement

Homer wrote: »
    In fairness they have been in the sh1tter financially long before that dunce Hayes arrived on the scene but he is just compounding things.

Exactly, but wasting money on airfares to euro destinations for no return....he's livin the dream....may as well, his days are numbered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

What , roughly, would Hayes and LK salary be ?

Try and access the nova website - Account Suspended
    This Account has been suspended.
    Contact your hosting provider for more information.

Did someone forget to pay the bills? :D

.....and it's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Not so long ago, Nova's jingles used to boast something like "If you want to know what's happening in the Kardashians' lives, this isn't the station for you!"

This morning, Colon & Loosey spent 5 minutes wittering on about the girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend, who knows?) of the son of a footballer and a Spice Girl.

SO, that's full circle, then, is it?

Fúck Right Off, Colon & Loosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Such a huge weekend for live music, nova missed a trick by not jumping on the weekend gigs, turned on the breakfast show for a second and had to switch off... Usual mundane Crap

This x 10 - i think its something that's long lost from the Irish radio scene - so much potential to focus on bands playing upcoming gigs even if there's no financial involvement on behalf of the station - they could have had good fun with Metallica the last week, but nope - nothing!

One of the reasons I'm tuning into Kerrang Radio - wall to wall Download festival, Metallica etc at the moment - proper radio!

• Advertisement

mollser wrote: »
    This x 10 - i think its something that's long lost from the Irish radio scene - so much potential to focus on bands playing upcoming gigs even if there's no financial involvement on behalf of the station - they could have had good fun with Metallica the last week, but nope - nothing!

One of the reasons I'm tuning into Kerrang Radio - wall to wall Download festival, Metallica etc at the moment - proper radio!
    If it'd been Metallica at Knebworth then Planet Rock would have had a Metallica weekend or something.

If it'd been Metallica at Knebworth then Planet Rock would have had a Metallica weekend or something.

PR are giving away tickets to Metallica......and playing plenty during the day..which is normal anyways for PR.....Proper Rock...:p

Plus if you sign up you dont get ad's .....

Plus if you sign up you dont get ad's .....

Not if you live in poor internet areas like me. Can be listening along happily with no ads, get a small break in signal and you're back to ads :-(
    Imagine if Nova did something like "The RockBlock". Hayes's heart and brain would explode lol......that is, if he has either of those organs ;-)

FanadMan wrote: »
    Not if you live in poor internet areas like me. Can be listening along happily with no ads, get a small break in signal and you're back to ads :-(
    Imagine if Nova did something like "The RockBlock". Hayes's heart and brain would explode lol......that is, if he has either of those organs ;-)

I know one organ he the image of.......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Put it to John Clarke....;)

JC actually alluded to a rock show saying it would be great just to play what he wants to play.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid, as long as CH is there.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

up until a couple of weeks ago the current song being player used to display on my car radio (Nova literally the only Irish station I've seen do this, though it's fairly common in France). Now it's just displaying the station name - anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I hear the Nova noise is coming back.

I'm going to hazard a guess it will be some sort of bowel movement belonging to one of those two on the morning show.

It's all they manage to talk about.

Kamili wrote: »

I'm going to hazard a guess it will be some sort of bowel movement belonging to one of those two on the morning show.

Still..?.....not surprising if you know Hayes tho.....he's a juvenile fool when it comes to humour....he carries around a whoppie cushion everywhere he goes....:rolleyes:

Hayes and Lucy inflected my local odeon cinema with a really cringey ad. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Kamili wrote: »

I'm surprised they're bringing it back. The last time they ran the Nova Noise it dragged on for months, resulting in the prize money ballooning to over €8000, from an initial prize pot of €1000 if I'm not mistaken? Perhaps they'll cap the prize money once it reaches a certain level or offer one single amount that doesn't change for the duration of the competition. Nevertheless, it gets pretty boring very quickly and it still doesn't address the issue that it can drag on indefinitely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement