Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm surprised they're bringing it back. The last time they ran the Nova Noise it dragged on for months, resulting in the prize money ballooning to over €8000, from an initial prize pot of €1000 if I'm not mistaken? Perhaps they'll cap the prize money once it reaches a certain level or offer single amount that doesn't change for the duration of the competition. Nevertheless, it gets pretty boring very quickly and it still doesn't address the issue that it can drag on indefinitely.

These style of competitions escalating in size is the radio stations own fault. If they filtered the callers who get on air rather than allowing people who guess the same reoccurring wrong answer getting on air then the competition wouldn't lose its appeal. I think they actually like idea that Deirdre from Donaghmede guesses the same thing that was wrong the previous 100 times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

..... thud, jingle, clunk....the noise of Branigan closing the Nova door for the last time.....do I win....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

prunudo wrote: »
    These style of competitions escalating in size is the radio stations own fault. If they filtered the callers who get on air rather than allowing people who guess the same reoccurring wrong answer getting on air then the competition wouldn't lose its appeal. I think they actually like idea that Deirdre from Donaghmede guesses the same thing that was wrong the previous 100 times!

I completely agree with you. But I don't think they even have a dedicated member of staff to answer the phones, let alone screen calls. I've only ever rung the station a handful of times, usually with traffic updates. Pat Courtenay always answered the phone himself when I rang the show. Another time I rang during the old Morning Glory show to enter a competition, 'Producer Clint' answered on that occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I completely agree with you. But I don't think they even have a dedicated member of staff to answer the phones, let alone screen calls. I've only ever rung the station a handful of times, usually with traffic updates. Pat Courtenay always answered the phone himself when I rang the show. Another time I rang during the old Morning Glory show to enter a competition, 'Producer Clint' answered on that occasion.

They also had a celebrity magician type person on and said it would be won by a young female student known by a certain name.

Low and behind.. someone by that name won it, who happened to be a student with a guess that was very similar to quite a few already made.

What a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I'm surprised they're bringing it back. The last time they ran the Nova Noise it dragged on for months, resulting in the prize money ballooning to over €8000, from an initial prize pot of €1000 if I'm not mistaken? Perhaps they'll cap the prize money once it reaches a certain level or offer one single amount that doesn't change for the duration of the competition. Nevertheless, it gets pretty boring very quickly and it still doesn't address the issue that it can drag on indefinitely.

This time, they say they're starting at €1000 and going up by €50 each day.

Still wont encourage me to listen tho....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Think it was posted here some time ago but it’s been on my mind. Someone said that Marty talks about his kids all the time !! He sure does , to the point it’s sickening, little one has chicken pox ,,, he got socks for Father’s Day etc. Jesus why can’t he just play music and talk about music. I’d it that hard. He’s annoying me with his constant crap about baby food and what the baby looks at when they are out walking !! Rant over

hawkelady wrote: »
    Think it was posted here some time ago but it’s been on my mind. Someone said that Marty talks about his kids all the time !! He sure does , to the point it’s sickening, little one has chicken pox ,,, he got socks for Father’s Day etc. Jesus why can’t he just play music and talk about music. I’d it that hard. He’s annoying me with his constant crap about baby food and what the baby looks at when they are out walking !! Rant over

Thats the modern man for ya...they leave their balls in a basket on the way out of Holles St.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

I'm surprised they have the money to run such a competition, to be honest.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised they have the money to run such a competition, to be honest.

They don't, the winner will probably be related to Hayes..they'll get a t shirt or a car sticker....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Just your random everyday run of the mill noise...... like an apple rolling into a pint glass for example.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

loyatemu wrote: »
    up until a couple of weeks ago the current song being player used to display on my car radio (Nova literally the only Irish station I've seen do this, though it's fairly common in France). Now it's just displaying the station name - anyone else noticed this?
    Yes - the radiotext is no longer working, other stations do use the facility - egSunshine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Infoanon wrote: »
    Yes - the radiotext is no longer working, other stations do use the facility - egSunshine

classic hits/4fm have it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Radio Radio

I wonder what was going on with John Clarke returning for a week or two to do a playlisted weekend breakfast show only to disappear again without mention ?

I wonder what was going on with John Clarke returning for a week or two to do a playlisted weekend breakfast show only to disappear again without mention ?

Its called keeping your foot in the door....sure ya never know whats down the line....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Is no-one else being driven demented by the painfully unfunny ads for the various DJs' shows? Aaaargh.. The guys's smug voice is wrecking my head. Bouncing a coin off Pat Courtney's arse, We're worried about Bob, celebrity Loose etc.. Whoever wrote them just isn't funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I commented on them a couple of months back. My suggestion was defenestration of the guy who reads them, and anyone involved with their creation.

seagull wrote: »
    I commented on them a couple of months back. My suggestion was defenestration of the guy who reads them, and anyone involved with their creation.

Haha.. Must've missed that comment. Sounds far too lenient.

Hayes sits up all night coming up with these gems....he should do stand-up.....against a firing squad wall.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Did Dee Woods phone in her links to the studio for her show today? Terrible sound

• Advertisement

Did Dee Woods phone in her links to the studio for her show today? Terrible sound

Sounded like she was in the car......:)

Sounded like she was in the car......:)

I wasn't paying attention, so didn't notice.

However, Dee & Marty have a studio in their house that they sometimes broadcast from. Marty has said it on air before, and then confirmed via social media that I hadn't misheard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Well Neil Molloy didn't last long. He's gotten a new show on Midlands 103.
    https://radiotoday.ie/2019/07/neil-molloy-joins-midlands-103-for-a-weekend-show/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Interest to hear it as the sound track to Lonely Battle of Thomas Reid

I know what the nova noise is....its the sound of someone opening an envelope and discovering their P45 in it......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

I know what the nova noise is....its the sound of someone opening an envelope and discovering their P45 in it......:D

Mildly disappointed.. was hoping it was colon Hayes taking his last breath

Do you think that the “ name the noise, guess the proooze” will be rigged ??? That noise could be anything at all. What’s the chances that someone will precisely guess it , or will it be a friend or Neighbour of one of the presenters in the end.

Do you think that the “ name the noise, guess the proooze” will be rigged ??? That noise could be anything at all. What’s the chances that someone will precisely guess it , or will it be a friend or Neighbour of one of the presenters in the end.

Well seen as they have the proverbial pot to p1ss in, I seriously doubt kkkkevin will be handing over a radio nova cheque to a genuine listener :P

Homer wrote: »
    Mildly disappointed.. was hoping it was colon Hayes taking his last breath

We can only dream..:D....just saying when he does go I'll be doin a jig..no offense Col..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm convinced previous versions of this have been, so no surprise if it was.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm convinced previous versions of this have been, so no surprise if it was.

Whatever about the Nova Noise, they're running another promo now that is definitely not transparent - They want shops to let them know that they're playing Nova in the shops, and then if the "Street Team" call in and you actually are, then you win (or win the chance to win, they're not clear) a €5,000 ad campaign on Nova.

So, who tells the Street Team where to go? Huh? Do they expect us to believe that it will be randomly selected?

Whatever about the Nova Noise, they're running another promo now that is definitely not transparent - They want shops to let them know that they're playing Nova in the shops, and then if the "Street Team" call in and you actually are, then you win (or win the chance to win, they're not clear) a €5,000 ad campaign on Nova.

So, who tells the Street Team where to go? Huh? Do they expect us to believe that it will be randomly selected?

It'll be a business that already uses them...lets say Tyreland will be a winner.....

5 grand for Hayes to say Agnes's Coffee Shoppe is the best coffee shop in ireland....that listens to nova...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Is it a stapler ?

Fcuk me ,does Miller mention his brats EVERY day or is it just when i hear him....potty training,:rolleyes:... nobody gives a fcuk about your kids Morty..this is the way "new men" go on is it.?...we used to call them " women"...:P..

For legal reasons i cant tell you what the noise is....;)

Fcuk me ,does Miller mention his brats EVERY day or is it just when i hear him....potty training,:rolleyes:... nobody gives a fcuk about your kids Morty..this is the way "new men" go on is it.?...we used to call them " women"...:P..

For legal reasons i cant tell you what the noise is....;)

Yip. Every single day , numerous times per day! Does he think that he’s the only parent in Ireland. I don’t know the chap at all but he does sound very condescending !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Who gives a f**k?

Is it a stapler ?

Unless it’s stapling that dunce Hayes mouth shut, then I’m not interested :D

Yip. Every single day , numerous times per day! Does he think that he’s the only parent in Ireland. I don’t know the chap at all but he does sound very condescending !!!

He is...he's also arrogant and obnoxious...tbh he's nearly as bad as Colm "dont you know who i am" Hayes...but not nearly as funny...:rolleyes:

Actually theres a new name for fat head...Col-I-am......:D

I was at the forever young festival last weekend and was glamping in the same are as Colm Hayes. I seen him drinking from a bottle of red wine, no big deal as we were all drinking, however glass was explicitly banned from both arena and campsite as it is a stud farm (palmerstown house) this was widely published on the website.
    The rest of us rule followers had to either drink cans or decant into plastic bottles. Its a minor issue but I guess I'm still raging over Irelands Biggest Jukebox being axed.

• Advertisement

He is...he's also arrogant and obnoxious...tbh he's nearly as bad as Colm "dont you know who i am" Hayes...but not nearly as funny...:rolleyes:

Actually theres a new name for fat head...Col-I-am......:D

Like i said....could you imagine the grief that poor bouncer would have had to endure......

You missed your opportunity to go over and kick him in the gob....or maybe a big sign.."THIS IS COLM HAYES"

TBF, Marty is one of the less offensive DJs on the station.. Pretty bearable.

Saying that, I live for the days Peter Devlin stands in for him. Why can't every DJ just be like him?

Hey Morty..what delightful hilarious story involving your kids have you got for us today on Noooooo va....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Listening to the "John Clarke Breakfast Show" last Sunday morning between 7-10 a.m.

My god, poor ol' Clarkie can barely get a word in about the music he wants to play. Reads out a pile of irrelevant rubbish, the weather, promotes the other shows, that's about it. If only they could have left his jukebox well enough alone.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Listening to the "John Clarke Breakfast Show" last Sunday morning between 7-10 a.m.

My god, poor ol' Clarkie can barely get a word in about the music he wants to play. Reads out a pile of irrelevant rubbish, the weather, promotes the other shows, that's about it. If only they could have left his jukebox well enough alone.

:(

For the audience numbers to go down even more!!

If he doesnt like it, dont let the door hit him on the way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Just Tony Ainscough and Peter Devlin left. And of course, the legendary Mr. Pat James on digital.

My finger has been moving that little bit closer to the dial with each passing axe. It's pretty close now. Let them mess around with Tony and/or Peter, and it will finally be on the dial and moved!!!

• Advertisement

For the audience numbers to go down even more!!

If he doesnt like it, dont let the door hit him on the way out!

He's not going anywhere....its a swing door...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Just Tony Ainscough and Peter Devlin left. And of course, the legendary Mr. Pat James on digital.

My finger has been moving that little bit closer to the dial with each passing axe. It's pretty close now. Let them mess around with Tony and/or Peter, and it will finally be on the dial and moved!!!
    Haven't listened in a while to Peter Devlin on a Saturday night but I read this initially and thought it said he had left ...so that's a kick to me to get back listening. Love his chat on the radio & the music he plays.

Got home early today..wifey had telly on..Elaine..guess who was on talking about kids.....I swear i've lost any respect (and that wasnt much) for the "man"...:rolleyes:

Got home early today..wifey had telly on..Elaine..guess who was on talking about kids.....I swear i've lost any respect (and that wasnt much) for the "man"...:rolleyes:

Who was it and what did he say ??

Who was it and what did he say ??

You new here....?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement