Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Miller making himself look like the fool that he is this morning, he was going on about the people breaking the 5k limit, and how some guy drove to cork from meath...he went on about he'd love to drive to Galway for a spin but wouldnt have the balls because he might get caught at a checkpoint...and then commented on how much money the government got from the fines....

He is without doubt an absolute tosser of the highest order...
    Dee must be so proud...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 weedened

Miller making himself look like the fool that he is this morning, he was going on about the people breaking the 5k limit, and how some guy drove to cork from meath...he went on about he'd love to drive to Galway for a spin but wouldnt have the balls because he might get caught at a checkpoint...and then commented on how much money the government got from the fines....

He is without doubt an absolute tosser of the highest order...
    Dee must be so proud...:rolleyes:

You are listening to someone who you think is an absolute tosser of the highest order,and you call him the fool...

weedened wrote: »
    You are listening to someone who you think is an absolute tosser of the highest order,and you call him the fool...

Jog on loser..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Was doing some man work in the house yesterday, so had Nova on for ages in the background. They need to lay off the stupid ads for Colm and Lucy, never listened to it but it sounds like tripe from the ads they play every 10 minutes.

Also some questionable music. Bastille are a rubbish pop band. Delete please. I think I heard George Ezra too? He belongs on Spin. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

According to the 4pm and 5pm news there's a team in the Premier League called 'Tottenham Hotsboro' ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

According to the 4pm and 5pm news there's a team in the Premiership called 'Tottenham Hotsboro' ???

It might be easier for them if they just stuck to "Spurs"!

On a different note:

I noticed lately that all but two of the digital options on Radio Nova's app seem to have been replaced with Radio Nova. Classic Rock is still there, which is just as well for Pat James! Curiously, the other option, The Rock, is now active. Previously, that used to be blank for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pat James

Hi Declan, In case they are needed these are the links to the Nova Classic Rock Stream, https://tunein.com/radio/Nova-Classic-Rock-s199175/
    Nova Stream
    https://newmusic.ie/radio/8030/transmission?15989617725502
    Nova Website:
    http://www.nova.ie/radio-player/...

You can also connect via the Nova App.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

According to the 4pm and 5pm news there's a team in the Premiership called 'Tottenham Hotsboro' ???

The top flight in English football hasn't been called the 'premiership' for over twenty years! Correct your own stupidity before pointing out any others like a good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

The top flight in English football hasn't been called the 'premiership' for over twenty years! Correct your own stupidity before pointing out any others like a good lad.

uh oh.....!

"In 2004 it became the Barclays Premiership. And in 2007 it became the Barclays Premier League"

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    uh oh.....!

"In 2004 it became the Barclays Premiership. And in 2007 it became the Barclays Premier League"

I stand corrected by some five or six years. Mea culpa. I guess my actual contention is the creep attacking the girl who knows sfa about tottenham 'hotsboro' or whatever she may have referred to them as, because she's thrown in there, so as to get some work and is given some work by nova who care not a whit about news or sport etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

I know, was only having a laugh :)

I guess my actual contention is the creep attacking the girl who knows sfa about tottenham 'hotsboro' or whatever she may have referred to them as, because she's thrown in there, so as to get some work and is given some work by nova who care not a whit about news or sport etc.[/QUOTE]

Actually the creep is the one calling the newsreader a 'girl' , and we know she's 'thrown in there', how?

I guess my actual contention is the creep attacking the girl who knows sfa about tottenham 'hotsboro' or whatever she may have referred to them as, because she's thrown in there, so as to get some work and is given some work by nova who care not a whit about news or sport etc.

Actually the creep is the one calling the newsreader a 'girl' , and we know she's 'thrown in there', how?[/QUOTE]

Bore off you woke freak.

Anyone got a stream address for Radio Nova that i can add to the Reciva radio database?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Anyone got a stream address for Radio Nova that i can add to the Reciva radio database?
    https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/radio-nova

2 URL's there to try. The audioxi.com URL works for me, top one didn't.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/radio-nova

2 URL's there to try. The audioxi.com URL works for me, top one didn't.

Thanks, the audioxi one won’t play on my old Logik IR100, just keeps buffering! It’s fine on my Roberts 93i though.

Nova Classic Rock not connecting this evening.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://stream.audioxi.com:8000/NOVAAAC?ref=RF is an aacPlus stream I found on RadioFeeds, but I don't think the IR100 supports that format either?

Can't find anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pat James

Hi, We had some tech. issues with the Classic Rock Stream last night but last nights edition of "OFF THE RECORD" has been added to the OTR Mix Cloud archive The Stream ,Tune In and Inter Net Radio will be all back to normal for next Saturday.
    Heres the link to Mix Cloud.

https://www.mixcloud.com/OTRPatJames/off-the-record-543-3012021/

Cheers,
    Pat

Has the web stream url changed for the classic rock station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...”

Like, ok. I get some of these artists can fall into the “rock” or “real artists” category, and as nice a guy Ed Sheeran is, this is so low even by Nova’s standards. I really can’t wait to give them some much needed feedback. Let’s just hope I can restrain myself...

:D
    AlgerShane wrote: »
    Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...

Like, ok. I get some of these artists can fall into the “rock” or “real artists” category, and as nice a guy Ed Sheeran is, this is so low even by Nova’s standards. I really can’t wait to give them some much needed feedback. Let’s just hope I can restrain myself...

:D:D:D......feedback.!!!...like they'll take notice...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...”

That is a first for NOVA. I always wondered when they would eventually give in and play Sheeran.

The inevitable has happened. May change happen soon.

My personal feedback would be: get rid of Ed Sheeran, Jake Bug, George Ezra, Colm and Lucy, Ruth Scott, put Morty on breakfast (since I don't listen then), Greg Gaughran back on daytime, keep Courteney on Drive, Dee in the evenings and bring back John Clarke Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My personal feedback would be: get rid of Ed Sheeran, Jake Bug, George Ezra, Colm and Lucy, Ruth Scott, put Morty on breakfast (since I don't listen then), Greg Gaughran back on daytime, keep Courteney on Drive, Dee in the evenings and bring back John Clarke Sunday mornings.

Don't forget Tony on Fri night! It's not the same without the FNRS :(

Expect MORE Ed, George, and all those sad bands that you hear on every other Irish station...
    Thank dog for 6music,Zenith, Simon Maher and 8radio .....

I agree but Jake Bugg is good...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

Its just a marketing ploy...theyll pick out the good replies, and get listeners (some people in the office) to voice new promos for how good they are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Its just a marketing ploy...theyll pick out the good replies, and get listeners (some people in the office) to voice new promos for how good they are....

I have to agree, they just want sound bites they can get someone to record and pretend they are the best station going. Specifically more good to promote that car crash of a breakfast "show"

JW7 wrote: »
    Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

Same here - Colon and Loopy did not fare well on my review :D

Here's a link to the survey in case anyone wants to let them know just how you feel

https://www.facebook.com/radionova100/posts/10158237608783667

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I agree but Jake Bugg is good...

I like Jake as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Job Gnocchi

Thanks for the link. Just had a rant about the risks of exposure to Lucy Kennedy's voice early in the morning....felt good to vent!

Thanks for the link. Just had a rant about the risks of exposure to Lucy Kennedy's voice early in the morning....felt good to vent!

Lol......I did comment once or twice about her as well :D

Can be guaranteed that all the surveys will be ignored. It's probably just a scam to get email addresses and say that they are fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I'm missing their weekend DJs quite a bit.

I did their survey. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, under presenters of other stations, it included Colm Hayes (!) and Gareth O'Callaghan, who is retired a while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Endfloat

The best thing they could do is get a mix of presenters from 8radio, Phantom and TXFM who actually give a toss about music and launch that colossal f**ktrumpet Colm Hayes. Joe Donnelly or Cathal Funge would get my vote to present a proper music-based breakfast show.

Or better yet, just give 8radio a licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

I think it's safe to say I won't be on their christmas card list after my reply.

They don't like any negative comments so don't be surprised at how much everyone loves the breakfast show, and wouldn't change a thing about Nova...

• Advertisement

I did their survey. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, under presenters of other stations, it included Colm Hayes (!) and Gareth O'Callaghan, who is retired a while now!

That'll be a deliberate mistake to confuse their illiterate listeners (.i.e most of them) to tick "Colm Hayes" as their favorite presenter...:rolleyes:

Did the survey but gave a false email address...:D...no nova sh1te for me...

"What car do you drive"....not one from any of your advertisers...and a better one than Hayes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

"What car do you drive"....not one from any of your advertisers...and a better one than Hayes...

Why is that question relevant?? Or even included? Is it so colon haze can try lord it over his listeners?

As regards other stations that I listen to over weekends, I mentioned oldies pirates - I wonder what they will make of that! :D

As regards other stations that I listen to over weekends, I mentioned oldies pirates - I wonder what they will make of that! :D

Jesus...you looking to be banned Declan.....:D

Looks like the Foo Fighters Radio Show is coming to Nova on the 27th. Will be airing Saturday’s at 6 p.m. and Sunday’s at 9 p.m. - each of the members host their own show. This should be interesting..

Looks like the Foo Fighters Radio Show is coming to Nova on the 27th. Will be airing Saturday’s at 6 p.m. and Sunday’s at 9 p.m. - each of the members host their own show. This should be interesting..

The times are certainly interesting..

• Advertisement

Is that what the "big announcement" was? Thought that Branners had read the survey results and was getting rid of Colon and Loopy.

So, it's just another syndicated radio show like Rick Wakeman, Bruce Springsteen and Alice Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

So i wonder if this is the end of the Saturday Soundtrack or whatever hope there was of its return ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

FanadMan wrote: »
    Is that what the "big announcement" was? Thought that Branners had read the survey results and was getting rid of Colon and Loopy.

So, it's just another syndicated radio show like Rick Wakeman, Bruce Springsteen and Alice Cooper.

Its a big pity that music played between 7 and 7 every day is not in line with what is played or what was played on some those syndicated shows such as Alice Cooper / Steve Downes etc...

Its a big pity that music played between 7 and 7 every day is not in line with what is played or what was played on some those syndicated shows such as Alice Cooper / Steve Downes etc...

....or even 10 years ago...

Alternative Nova questionnaire.........
    Just a bit of Covid boredom fun...
    Feel free to quote and answer questions/opinions in bold...

1. Why the fcuk do you listen to Nova..?
    A.

2. Who is your favorite presenter on Nova..?
    A.

3 How old do you think Marty Miller is..? Choose only one answer..9, 11 or 12.
    A.

4. What is your least favorite show on Nova between 6am and 10am..?
    A.

5. How old is your daughter..?
    A.

6. Does Nova play YOUR sort of music, and why not..?
    A.

7. Who would you like/expect to hear played on Nova going forward..Adele,Ariana Grande,Dermot Kennedy, ?
    A.

8. If Nova played more rock music as per their license agreement would you listen more..?
    A.

9. Which presenters would you ditch immediately..?
    A

10. "..Is Kevin Branigan a bitch.." (read as Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction..)
    A.

:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement