Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Month delay on flooring installation

Options
  • 01-09-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello everyone

I got a flooring booked at the beginning of August, 2 types of floors for upstairs/downstairs plus the installation. They told me they were really busy and it would be three weeks until they could do it, I was expecting that so no bother there.

One week after the payment they told me that they didn't had one of the floors and they may only be able to install one of them, finally on the third week they only had one type and one room for upstairs, the other would be following week. Ok, at least I can move in.

Today they called again saying that it will take at least another two weeks to get the flooring...so it will be one month overdue form the original date and almost two from when I paid.

Is this normal? I think is crazy to pay for something and then being told to suck it up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We moved into our place without flooring. It's grand. They are well used to moving furniture around to put down flooring in already lived in homes.

On the delay note, you can always say you want your money back, ask for some sort of refund etc. they really should have checked with their supplier before giving you a date and taking your money.

I was in a carpet place a few weeks ago, and they said it would take 2 weeks to even get someone out to measure they were so busy, let alone get the stock in and get it fitted. No idea why so many people are getting new floors this summer!

Advertisement