Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Belfast 19th Nov

• 01-09-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Main Event : Gunni vs Dong Hyun Kim

As much as i love Gunni that's a weak Main event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

#10 v #12 is as good as can be expected for a card like this.
    I assume Joe Duffy will co-main against someone ranked around #12-#15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

scudzilla wrote: »
    Main Event : Gunni vs Dong Hyun Kim

As much as i love Gunni that's a weak Main event

UFC know what they are doing. Him and Joe Duffy will sell out the card.

I need two tickets for this but i only own one quarter of a fight club member ship :D Will I get tickets for this on general sale? or will this sell out fast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I need two tickets for this but i only own one quarter of a fight club member ship :D Will I get tickets for this on general sale? or will this sell out fast?

I would say that the lower price tickets will sell out pretty fast and possibly be gone a few minutes after general release.

Fight Pass would be the best way to guarantee yourself the cheapest tickets. The more expensive tickets you should get on general sale of you get there early.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I would say that the lower price tickets will sell out pretty fast and possibly be gone a few minutes after general release.

Fight Pass would be the best way to guarantee yourself the cheapest tickets. The more expensive tickets you should get on general sale of you get there early.

I have one quarter of a fightclub membership but that will only guarantee me one haha I need to try get one for my brother in law as well.

• Advertisement

Any idea of pricing for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Anyone see the rumours that this might be an American time event?

SSE arena have doors listed as midnight.

Someone on the fight club forum mentioned another website having it as late night, not sure if they meant the official UFC website.

Deadst4r wrote: »

Someone on the fight club forum mentioned another website having it as late night, not sure if they meant the official UFC website.

Surely if Gunni is headling that isn't reason enough to have it at american times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jabroni209

prelims starting at midnight? that couldnt be true surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

How much will tickets cost does anyone know?

• Advertisement

How much will tickets cost does anyone know?

Its a small stadium so ill go for nose bleeds if i can get them.

Surely if Gunni is headling that isn't reason enough to have it at american times?

90% sure it's a mistake, has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

That time is 100% wrong as there is two cards on that day with Belfast being the early starter and the Brazil card on at usual US time slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Dave0301 wrote: »

An idea on the range of prices for the tickets? Looking to buy 2 tickets for my son for his 18th birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

When are tickets on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

D.Q wrote: »
    When are tickets on sale

Friday 23 Sept for General Sale so I take fight club probably the Wednesday and newsletter pre sale the Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just in case anyone signs up to the wrong thing...

You need Fight CLUB, not Fight Pass for presale tickets.

I'd say the ticket prices will not be that dissimilar to Manchester even though it's a much weaker event and card.

Probably ranging from £40 to £150 would be my guess.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just in case anyone signs up to the wrong thing...

You need Fight CLUB, not Fight Pass for presale tickets.

I'd say the ticket prices will not be that dissimilar to Manchester even though it's a much weaker event and card.

Probably ranging from £40 to £150 would be my guess.

I'd be tempted to go to this one as well if I can get two of the 40£ tickets. I'd imagine its going to be a weak as heck card though, especially with another card on the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Neil v Uncle Creepy could be on this card, that would be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Neil v Uncle Creepy could be on this card, that would be class.

very likely now.

Once Ariel Helwani retweets, both fighters accept (Online) and once Sean Shelby gets tagged into it.... it tends to happen!

Matchmakers gotta give Creepy what he wants now after these 2 debacles and he wants ireland....

Co-Main maybe under Gunni? It'd be a great fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Anyword on Joe Duffy being on the Belfast card?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Nothing yet but I'd be shocked if he wasn't on it. There hardly saving him for any other market or card as he ain't a draw right now so I'd bet he is at Belfast, bar he's not injured

Prices out
    £45, £75, £95, £125 and £175 (Excluding ticketmaster fees)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Wonder will we see Dalby, Daly, Latifi and/or Amirkhani seeing as they're all European based and not fighting at 204

edit: Artem vs Elkins a possibility too?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Prices out
    £45, £75, £95, £125 and £175 (Excluding ticketmaster fees)

Am I the only one that thinks these are too expensive for the card we're going to get? I'm a Gunnar fan but a fight vs Stun Gun isn't a £175 worthy main event to me.
    Lets not forget Silva vs Bisping was 150 and 204 is 200. I was expecting 125 to 140 for floor seats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

The Dublin event with McGregor was 175 for floor seats. Seems pretty much in line.

The Dublin event with McGregor was 175 for floor seats. Seems pretty much in line.

euro. Which was £140. If you paid £150 for silva vs Bisping, you wouldnt expect to pay £175 for Gunnar vs Stun Gun in the same year, in an area with much less income. (£22k vs £48kp.a.)

Yeah its a pi55 take to be honest. Sure to be a weak Fight Night card and yet charging nearly the same as a solid PPV.

Yeah its a pi55 take to be honest. Sure to be a weak Fight Night card and yet charging nearly the same as a solid PPV.

UFC will charge what they can get unfortunately and this will sell out quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

They offered Joe Duffy thousands to be there and he said no, says a lot.

it will be a no to spending hundreds from me this time.

UFC will charge what they can get unfortunately and this will sell out quick.

I'm not so sure. I don't see thousands paying £175 if they make all the floor and the lower central tiers P1

They offered Joe Duffy thousands to be there and he said no, says a lot.

it will be a no to spending hundreds from me this time.

Why did Duffy say no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Why did Duffy say no?

Last fight on his contract, seems he's thinking long term rather than accepting a token fight to just be an Irish name on a card.

Contract impasse leaves Duffy on course to miss UFC Belfast and test free agency
    http://the42.ie/2976342

Last fight on his contract, seems he's thinking long term rather than accepting a token fight to just be an Irish name on a card.

Contract impasse leaves Duffy on course to miss UFC Belfast and test free agency

Test free agency hahahha :D:D:D:D

Duffy is a decent fighter but has the personality of a fuarking plank. He should just sign up a contract and try get in top 10 then he might start getting some money if he can get up the rankings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was well up for this but prices and more than likely weak fight card has put me right off

• Advertisement

Think I will be skipping this after taking floor seats for Manchester

He can't test free agency until he completes the contract though so surely refusing this fight defeats the purpose?

If he wants to test the waters he needs to get that fight out of the way first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He can't test free agency until he completes the contract though so surely refusing this fight defeats the purpose?

If he wants to test the waters he needs to get that fight out of the way first.

I think he's looking to win a bigger fight than whatever they had planned to put him in an improved position when it comes to negotiations. If he's not happy with their current offer and doesn't feel the opponent he was offered would be a decent name on his record, then it sort of makes sense.

Sort of makes sense yes, but if he refuses this fight which leaves the UFC without one of their biggest draws for the card, why would they reward him with a better fight elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sort of makes sense yes, but if he refuses this fight which leaves the UFC without one of their biggest draws for the card, why would they reward him with a better fight elsewhere?

Well there's a few ways to look at it. One thing they may do is throw him in the deep end, against a guy they believe beats him. If he wins said fight they then give him an improved contract offer and if he loses, a simple take what's there or go somewhere else.
    He's the ability to be a top 15 fighter, and is the 2nd best Irish fighter in the organisation. Considering the way Irish MMA is growing he presents some value for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Those ticket prices :pac:

I'll still go so at the end of the day I'm part of the problem rather than the solution, but ****ing hell.

Attending UFC events is not a cheap venture!

When is pre sale for this?

Wednesday next week.

Looking like there's a 4 ticket limit on this, as per SSE Arena website

v5fgnt.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Seery mccall to be announced tuesday

Source?

Source?

Seery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Seery mccall to be announced tuesday

I dont know who you are....i dont know where you are...but if youve lied to me......

dashoonage wrote: »
    I dont know who you are....i dont know where you are...but if youve lied to me......

Not bull****ting . Said it should be announced tuesday. Hopes mccall doesnt pull out with injury after his last two got cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Who?

• Advertisement
Advertisement