Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Belfast 19th Nov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

What's Ais Dalys's status at the moment? Would like to see her on it. She was probably the highlight of the last Dublin show, crowd really got behind her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Not sure. I know she had to pull out of a fight recently. I'm not sure if it's related to her previous mental health issues or was it an injury suffered in camp. Hope she gets well soon anyway and can fight at Dublin. I honestly don't know how she can survive on fighting pro with only one fight every 15 months or so. If she could only go on a streak to make a run at the belt.

Did anyone splash out big lads? Doesn't seem to be too many on here who plumped for the premium seats, can't say I blame anyone for keeping the extra few bob in the pocket for Manchester and new York. Let's hope that mcgregor alvarez fight gets signed soon so I can make a dart to the credit union with my beggars cap out!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

only sterling£175 tickets on sale this morning :(

too much I think - maybe they are holding back the £40 and £75 tickets or pre-sold them to fight club members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Yep only £175 coming up for me too, not looking good. No joy yesterday either, could only get £125 minimum.

You's think there'd be an allocation of each for each sale. Doesn't seem that way.

Mate I was supposed to be going with reckons he won't be around now anyway so happy enough to leave it for that price!

I'm getting good at identifying street signs, store fronts, billboards and palm trees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I have 2 45 ones in my basket..my mate changed his mind. Keep trying, I'm gonna release em in 2 minutes.

Sometimes it takes the system a bit longer to release them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

£125 coming up now but no better.

I said I'd give a half hour at it. Good luck to anyone else trying for cheaper!

Even the touts won't touch the 175 pound tickets! Looks like a repeat of Dublin, everyone getting bumped up to better seats 😈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

I bought the £125 tickets in the end - couldn't keep refreshing the screen, and I never saw any £45 tickets coming up.

Anyway if anyone is looking to swap £45 tickets for £125 tickets with cash my way - let me know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Anyone know if Bruce will be announcing for this event?

• Advertisement

SQLDBA wrote: »
    Anyone know if Bruce will be announcing for this event?

He'll probably be on the Brazil card instead. It's on Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Even the touts won't touch the 175 pound tickets! Looks like a repeat of Dublin, everyone getting bumped up to better seats 😈

By everyone, do you mean the 100-150 people that were moved out of the top corners and the sections near it?

Because I can assure you for certain there was no more than that amount moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was one of them.

Feckin brilliant.

Two of us literally walked from the second last row all the way down to 15 rows from the front before the start of the main card. Was beautiful. Sat next to the suckers who had paid 175.

If the thing didn't sell well could you literally just walk and sit in better seats? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

If the thing didn't sell well could you literally just walk and sit in better seats? haha

At UFC Dublin last year, three guys say front row beside me. They sat there from first fight until Ais Daly's fight until being asked for tickets, only because the actual ticket holders had arrived.

• Advertisement

I don't even think the touts are plumping for this one lads. There'll be plenty of 45 pound seats being flogged I'm sure!

I seen Zak Cummings put on instagram that he has signed for a fight and tagged ufc Europe.

If it was Belfast who would he be facing?

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I seen Zak Cummings put on instagram that he has signed for a fight and tagged ufc Europe.

If it was Belfast who would he be facing?

Saffedine is probably too highly rated for him.
    Maybe Sobotta or Musoke.

couple of pairs of tickets available for this on UFC Rewards if that interests anyone. 12,000 points

Duffy interview on the MMA Hour was interesting Looks like there is very little chance of him now making this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

just a heads up if anyone bought tickets in presale. i got mine in the newsletter batch, block H. had a look the next day and there were better seats, same price available. i called up the ticketline and for a €6 fee, you can relocate. i hate ticketmaster as much as anyone and resent paying more, but i moved forward 20 rows just for asking. worth a punt if you're at the back of your block!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Godbeer vs Ledet
    It didn't take long for new UFC signee Mark Godbeer to be handed his first assignment.

The former BAMMA heavyweight champion will make his UFC debut in Belfast, Northern Ireland on November 19 against Justin Ledet.

Godbeer (11-2), fights out of Bridgwater, Somerset and before signing his UFC contract was the 265-pound champion of British promotion BAMMA. He won the BAMMA title back in June 2015 at BAMMA 21: DeVent vs. Kone when he defeated Paul Taylor via TKO in the second round. He then went on to defend his title once at BAMMA 25: Champion vs. Champion when he defeated Stuart Austin, again via TKO.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/29/13109358/former-bellator-heavyweight-champ-alexander-volkov-debuts-at-ufc

Former Bellator heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov is now in the UFC. And he has a debut date, too.

Volkov (26-6) will meet Timothy Johnson (10-2) on Nov. 19 at UFC Fight Night 99 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. MMAFighting.com confirmed an initial Thursday report by MMAJunkie.com.

The 27-year-old Muscovite burst on the Bellator scene in 2012 by winning the season seven heavyweight tournament, taking the vacant championship in the final by winning a decision over Richard Hale. He then dropped the title on Nov. 15, 2013, to Vitaly Minakov.

Volkov won a second tournament, this time season 10, before losing his last two Bellator fights. He's 2-0, with both wins by finish, since leaving Bellator.

Johnson, meanwhile will look to go 3-1 in his UFC career. The 31-year old from Fargo, N.D., defeated Marcin Tybura via unanimous decision in his most recent bout on April 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

That will help sell a few more tickets.

maximoose wrote: »

Awesome!

Kevin Lee vs Magomed Mustafaev also confirmed.

And Zac Cummings vs Alexander Yakovlev

I'm a lot happier with this card than I expected

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-belfast?id=

maximoose wrote: »
    Godbeer vs Ledet
    It didn't take long for new UFC signee Mark Godbeer to be handed his first assignment.

The former BAMMA heavyweight champion will make his UFC debut in Belfast, Northern Ireland on November 19 against Justin Ledet.

Godbeer (11-2), fights out of Bridgwater, Somerset and before signing his UFC contract was the 265-pound champion of British promotion BAMMA. He won the BAMMA title back in June 2015 at BAMMA 21: DeVent vs. Kone when he defeated Paul Taylor via TKO in the second round. He then went on to defend his title once at BAMMA 25: Champion vs. Champion when he defeated Stuart Austin, again via TKO.

Really hope Godbeer knocks him out. Ledet was so boring in his last fight and came across as a bit of a tool as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

I've had a sudden urge to go to the event

Only tickets left on ticket master are £175

Anyone got any advice on how to obtain cheaper tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

R.F. wrote: »
    I've had a sudden urge to go to the event

Only tickets left on ticket master are £175

Anyone got any advice on how to obtain cheaper tickets?

Time machine?

No but secondary sites like viagogo have tickets cheaper than that but they'll be far dearer than the value of the ticket.

http://www.viagogo.ie/Sports-Tickets/Other-Sports/UFC-Tickets/E-1960647

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Norman Parke had a win last night...Decision :)

Jack Marshman vs Magnus Cedenblad looks confirmed now too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 strikeforcefan

hey guys finally decided to join Boards after quite a while anyway I have some opinions and things to get off my chest with regards to the card in Belfast

number 1 lack of Irish fighters on the card you would think they would try get a few guys/girls like Tuke,Cowley,Queally,Sinead Kavanagh,Redmond,Fields

number 2 Bisping gets to defend his title in Manchester Dana White promised the Irish fans if he beat Aldo his first defence would be in Dublin(typical Dana White lies)

number 3 why is it in Belfast and not Dublin or have a card in Belfast and Dublin

I mean the Irish fans and probably the most passionate fans out there yet it seems we are always given the short end of the stick by the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

number 2 Bisping gets to defend his title in Manchester Dana White promised the Irish fans if he beat Aldo his first defence would be in Dublin(typical Dana White lies)

The issue with Dublin is they can't get the 5am finish time to suit the American ppv.

number 3 why is it in Belfast and not Dublin or have a card in Belfast and Dublin.

Uhhhhh... What?

Deadst4r wrote:
    Uhhhhh... What?

He's new. Patience!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What's Ais Dalys's status at the moment? Would like to see her on it. She was probably the highlight of the last Dublin show, crowd really got behind her.
    Ais' status is that she is the Irelands first female BJJ black belt.
    She got her blackbelt from Matt Thornton at the weekend.
    number 1 lack of Irish fighters on the card you would think they would try get a few guys/girls like Tuke,Cowley,Queally,Sinead Kavanagh,Redmond,Fields
    Because it's the UFC. People expect UFC level fighters, no fighters from local events.
    number 3 why is it in Belfast and not Dublin or have a card in Belfast and Dublin
    Because the last 3 events were in Dublin. Doesn't Belfast get a turn, then the next can be in Dublin,

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

hey guys finally decided to join Boards after quite a while anyway I have some opinions and things to get off my chest with regards to the card in Belfast

I mean the Irish fans and probably the most passionate fans out there yet it seems we are always given the short end of the stick by the UFC.

Mc gregor is too big of a draw for the ufc to chance having him on a card in Dublin and Americans not buying the ppv because of the time zone. Mcgregor is as popular in America as is here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Two more fights added

Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ali Bagautinov

and

Marion Reneau Vs Milana Dudieva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Horiguchi v Bagautinov is such an underrated, excellent fight for this card.

12 fights (including the Horiguchi bout and the below), that will be it now save for the inevitable 2 or 3 injuries:

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Gunnar Nelson
    Amanda Cooper vs. Anna Elmose
    Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
    James Krause vs. Ross Pearson
    Zak Cummings vs. Alexander Yakovlev
    Kevin Lee vs. Magomed Mustafaev
    Mark Godbeer vs. Justin Ledet
    Timothy Johnson vs. Alexander Volkov
    Teruto Ishihara vs. Artem Lobov
    Magnus Cedenblad vs. Jack Marshman
    Milana Dudieva vs. Marion Reneau

That's a very decent Fight Night card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Magomed Mustafaev is a beast. Him v Kevin Lee is a very good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    Horiguchi v Bagautinov is such an underrated, excellent fight for this card.

12 fights (including the Horiguchi bout and the below), that will be it now save for the inevitable 2 or 3 injuries:

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Gunnar Nelson
    Amanda Cooper vs. Anna Elmose
    Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
    James Krause vs. Ross Pearson
    Zak Cummings vs. Alexander Yakovlev
    Kevin Lee vs. Magomed Mustafaev
    Mark Godbeer vs. Justin Ledet
    Timothy Johnson vs. Alexander Volkov
    Teruto Ishihara vs. Artem Lobov
    Magnus Cedenblad vs. Jack Marshman
    Milana Dudieva vs. Marion Reneau

That's a very decent Fight Night card.

I can't think of much worse cards in recent memory to be honest.

callaway92 wrote: »

Seriously?

The main event is a #10 ranked welterweight against #12.

Horiguchi v Bagautinov pits the #4 flyweight against #8 with one guy having gone the distance with the champion and the other being 1 second away from making it to the distance, within their last 3 fights.

Seery v McCall is a very good matchup and it will take on another dimension with it being Seery's last fight before retirement. Pearson v Krause should be a war. Artem and Ishiara will get the crowd going, Kevin Lee looks a very good prospect and we have a recent TUF finalist on the card too.

In terms of European Fight Night cards, it is right up there IMO. Rotterdam was better for sure and the main event in London gives that the edge, but this one is better than Zagreb, what ended up being Dublin, Glasgow, Berlin (the title fight main doesn't make up for the rest of it IMO) and Krakow, over the last couple of years.

I was at one only a few weeks ago (Hamburg) that was far worse.

callaway92 wrote:

???????
    Jesus I thought it looked like a very good card. Some potentially excellent fights on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

callaway92 wrote: »

Low on star power, but more than makes up for it in match-ups IMO!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Low on star power, but more than makes up for it in match-ups IMO!

Ya I meant star power. It really does lack any sort of 'big' name.

Obviously the fights will be good, that's a given, but just on motivation to watch the event I don't see anyone making me too interested.

Paully, that UFC Hamburg card was far far better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have no issues with the card, it's the prices that gall me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looks like an acceptable card IMO, I have other plans but the way the card looks at the mo wish I didn't have those plans. Looks a lot better than the recent Lineker Dodson card even madness that poster who can't think of a worse card!! Hopefully Gunni doesn't try standing with Stun Gun

Looks like an acceptable card IMO, I have other plans but the way the card looks at the mo wish I didn't have those plans. Looks a lot better than the recent Lineker Dodson card even madness that poster who can't think of a worse card!! Hopefully Gunni doesn't try standing with Stun Gun

Ya that card was trash too

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

there is a saturation of UFC at this point thus the watered down cards this card is a few injuries away from being a total dud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

there is a saturation of UFC at this point thus the watered down cards this card is a few injuries away from being a total dud

Look at the card which was supposed to be tomorrow night? One man (BJ Penn) gets injured and the whole card gets cancelled!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Look at the card which was supposed to be tomorrow night? One man (BJ Penn) gets injured and the whole card gets cancelled!

Allegedly not the real reason it was cancelled!

• Advertisement
Advertisement