Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Belfast 19th Nov

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

John_D80 wrote: »
    Thats a joke. Neither card is huge in terms of big names but stacked up against each other, Belfast blows the brazilian card clean out of the water IMO.

They are both ****e enough cards I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Just spotted the brazil card is on BT and not the belfast one.

The main card for Belfast is on BT @ 9pm

all prelims will be on fight pass

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

R.F. wrote: »

Yup because me in my post nyc sleep deprived states was looking at sunday....sorry lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dashoonage wrote: »
    Yup because me in my post nyc sleep deprived states was looking at sunday....sorry lads!

Haha brilliant!!

No harm done!! We're just as big eejits for not checking it ourselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

ward fight now listed on the site. fighting abdul razak alhassan. he's 6-0, all KOs in less than 5 mins combined.

amorgan wrote: »
    ward fight now listed on the site. fighting abdul razak alhassan (6-0)

thats your man from kerry ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Looking at tickets on seatwave, they are floored selling for 90e each face value is 175 whats the catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    Looking at tickets on seatwave, they are floored selling for 90e each face value is 175 whats the catch?

No catch, but there will be about a €20 booking fee I'd imagine. Still, that's a cracking deal.

Seatwave is as legit as it comes when it comes to a secondary ticket agency and probably the only one I'd use without bricking it that something is going to go wrong when my ticket gets scanned.

I have to say I'm surprised this event hasn't sold out. The SSE in Belfast is a relatively small arena (11,000 capacity I believe). If the UFC could go back and do it again I'm sure they'd have just done Dublin or London again. I don't think we will see another event in Belfast for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised this event hasn't sold out. The SSE in Belfast is a relatively small arena (11,000 capacity I believe). If the UFC could go back and do it again I'm sure they'd have just done Dublin or London again. I don't think we will see another event in Belfast for the foreseeable.

Surprised myself Arena doesn't have to be amended too much for it so doesn't lose much of it's seating as it does in Dublin (Odyssey is an Ice Hockey arena). Not going myself as I'd made other plans prior to announcement but a number of fights of interest and the amount of fights is particularly generous.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    No catch, but there will be about a €20 booking fee I'd imagine. Still, that's a cracking deal.

Seatwave is as legit as it comes when it comes to a secondary ticket agency and probably the only one I'd use without bricking it that something is going to go wrong when my ticket gets scanned.

Sorry wasnt floor seats they were good eye level in the lower north stand, said on seatwave original price was 175 sterling I bought 2 for 210, seems too good to be true or else people are desperate to get rid,

Do they just email me them now soon yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sorry wasnt floor seats they were good eye level in the lower north stand, said on seatwave original price was 175 sterling I bought 2 for 210, seems too good to be true or else people are desperate to get rid,

Do they just email me them now soon yeah?

Yep. They upload them to your Seatwave account. They will email to tell you they've done it and then you download and print them from there.

You'll be fine. Even look at something on there which is ridiculously popular like a Justin Bieber concert. There's plenty for sale on there. The amount of people who make plans to go to these things and then have to pull out and want rid is beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Does any one have an estimate what time this will end at? 11pm?
    Anybody any ideas on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Actually starting to get pumped for this now. I know its basically a small-time event but its got Neil Seery's final fight and probably my fave ever non irish fighter Ross Pearson.

Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

I have a spare ticket for this event if anyone is looking for one. It's a one of the 45 pound ones. We have 4 tickets, but one of the lads can't make it. Selling it for cost price. Can meet in Belfast before the event or somewhere else if suits.

PM me if interested.

On another note, anyone know where the fighter hotel is?

Radisson Blu they're staying in,

Noticed the name on my ticket is Icelandic so Gunni falling off the card has gotten me a 175£ ticket for 90e excluding charges chuffed with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Neil Seery looked very emotional at the end of his interview with Andrew. Hope he can put that to the back of his mind for 3 rounds and go out and give it everything. Uncle Creepy will probably stand and bang with him so there's a fair % chance it gets Fight of the Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Artem first fight on the main card. Any idea what time main card is set to start at? Hoping to catch most of the Ireland-New Zealand game beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Officer999 wrote: »
    Artem first fight on the main card. Any idea what time main card is set to start at? Hoping to catch most of the Ireland-New Zealand game beforehand

First fight should be starting at 21:15 I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's the latest schedule for this, I know the doors open and first fight time has changed a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Doors 4:15, Start 5:15

maximoose wrote: »
    Doors 4:15, Start 5:15

Thank you.

More importantly, what time will the Lesnar fight be on? ;)

1.20pm train from Dublin be safe to get? should be perfect timing arrive half 3 pending no delays or is it a bit of a gamble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

1.20pm train from Dublin be safe to get? should be perfect timing arrive half 3 pending no delays or is it a bit of a gamble?

iam on that aswell, should be fine

• Advertisement

Dave 101 wrote: »
    iam on that aswell, should be fine

Yeah be just worried about a delay, you bussing it back or staying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Yeah be just worried about a delay, you bussing it back or staying?

Almost 2 hours to play around with so iam not gonna worry, staying over train back at 1 on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mc call has an illness fight with seery is off. Reported by mike bohn on twitter

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Heartbroken for Seery lads.

• Advertisement

This cant actually be true is it ?

I wonder would seery take a london fight next march ?

Picket said on twitter he'll fight at a catch weight

Picket said on twitter he'll fight at a catch weight

Id absolutely love this fight

Damn right. Seery would wallop him too, Brad's chin is shot.

Guaranteed fight bonus too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hope they bring in Pickett, thought he would step up immediately after the announcement. Meant to be Seery's send off!

Only downside is hes fighting Faber in his retirement fight in three weeks.

ASOT wrote: »
    Only downside is hes fighting Faber in his retirement fight in three weeks.

Didn't even cop that! Won't happen, unless they find someone else for Faber to pummel on short notice

Apparently its too late for anyone to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Gutted.

Andy Ryan posted on Facebook that Neil would gladly take the Pickett fight.

Doubt it's possible though.

• Advertisement

Definitely off now. Confirmed by Andy Ryan.

Shyte.

The main fight I really wanted to see absolutely sickening,

We are paying for that great night when Conor beat Brandao, cards falling apart since.

are there any fighter events on tonight, i.e. meet and greet at a bar or anything? Seems pretty quiet on events

Swarlez wrote: »
    are there any fighter events on tonight, i.e. meet and greet at a bar or anything? Seems pretty quiet on events

Q and A and weigh ins

Q and A and weigh ins

Sorry I meant later on in the day/night. Usually there is some kind of event in a bar somehwere afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Just received this from a buddy of mine about McCall, must've been him as everyone else has completed the early weigh ins.

My mate works in the hotel they are cutting weight in and he text saying some fighter took a fit at 4.30am this morning trying to cut 4lb in 3 hours. He said the doctors took him away to his room

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Swarlez wrote: »
    Sorry I meant later on in the day/night. Usually there is some kind of event in a bar somehwere afterwards

Supposed to be a event with Mcgregor in El Divino afterwards, not a proper meet and greet but opportunity for photos according to the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/eldivinoclub/?fref=ts

https://mcgregor.glistrr.com/ for the tickets

Good to hear Seery isnt retiring like this still gonna have a fight in the near future.

Good to hear Seery isnt retiring like this still gonna have a fight in the near future.

Lovely! Hopefully on the london FN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

irishejit wrote: »
    Just received this from a buddy of mine about McCall, must've been him as everyone else has completed the early weigh ins.

My mate works in the hotel they are cutting weight in and he text saying some fighter took a fit at 4.30am this morning trying to cut 4lb in 3 hours. He said the doctors took him away to his room

That would make sense as he looked grand yesterday!

Sad for all concerned. At least Seery has postponed his retirement, which is a good thing. Hopefully they can get him on a card soon while he's in shape.

Advertisement