Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6s plus, sell now?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Only 2 weeks ago I received a gift of a 6s plus 64gb. Unlocked. The bezels on the thing make it unmanageable so really would have preferred a 6s. So considering the 7 is due in Sept, is now the time to sell and how much could I realistically expect on adverts. Cex are giving just 520. Its 979 new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

If you're not in need of it and have a phone to use for a few weeks then now would be ideal. As soon as the new iPhone is released the 6s will usually drop in price by 100. And a lot of people will usually be willing to pay less as it's now considered an "older" model.

Best to sell before any new phone is released. It's being announced on Wednesday and will be usually another 2-3 weeks at least until Ireland gets a release. So you'll be waiting until the end of September to get the actual iPhone 7 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How do the bezels make it unmanageable?

Why not advertise it on Adverts or Ebay with a minimum price and see how you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Should be worth in the mid to high 700s if it was me I wouldn't be taking anything less than €700 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Flaccus wrote: »
    Only 2 weeks ago I received a gift of a 6s plus 64gb. Unlocked. The bezels on the thing make it unmanageable so really would have preferred a 6s. So considering the 7 is due in Sept, is now the time to sell and how much could I realistically expect on adverts. Cex are giving just 520. Its 979 new.

It comes down to what a buyer is prepared to pay. What you think it's worth is another thing. I'll be selling mine too and be hoping to be in the low to mid 600s at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do the bezels make it unmanageable?

Why not advertise it on Adverts or Ebay with a minimum price and see how you get on?
    This is a common complaint with the plus. The bezels make it unnecessarily huge and in my opinion unmanageable. Sticks out of pockets, hard to hold in one hand. Just too damn big. Thought I would get used to it as lots of people on boards said they have but no. Compare it to the Galaxy s7 Edge, same size screen with narrow bezels, and only slighly bigger than a regular 6s.

Already advertised
    http://www.adverts.ie/apple/iphone-6s-plus-64gb-space-grey-unlocked-from-apple-1-year-warranty/11262054

• Advertisement
Advertisement