Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECDL Worth it?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Right,There's this "European computer drive license". Now it's simply a basic computer course with Microsoft word,excel,outlook etc

Is it worth doing? 125 euro or is there something better? I'm in forth year...

"Computer Essentials - skills and concepts relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks and data security.
    Online Essentials - skills and concepts relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
    Word Processing – skills to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting and finishing word processing documents, such as letters, CVs, and other documents.
    Spreadsheets – skills to perform tasks associated with developing, formatting, modifying and using a spreadsheet, to use standard formulas and functions, and to competently create and format graphs or charts."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Nope. If you want a cert for the CV, do something like a Microsoft or CompTIA cert instead. Pitman may also be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nope, did it in TY, had to relearn Excel in my first year of college, had forgotten it all, and most of it was useless anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 atfbc9rl0oenhv

Nope, did it in TY, had to relearn Excel in my first year of college, had forgotten it all, and most of it was useless anyways

So you'd say to not do it? Only thing bothering me is a teacher told me it'd be useful for employers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 atfbc9rl0oenhv

Nope. If you want a cert for the CV, do something like a Microsoft or CompTIA cert instead. Pitman may also be worth looking at.

Thanks I'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So you'd say to not do it? Only thing bothering me is a teacher told me it'd be useful for employers...

I wouldn't bother, surely you can use word and excel to a reasonable degree, most other things can be googled.

Important to an employer doesn't mean a whole pile, I doubt too many hairdresses will give a fart, if you want to go into anything computer related getting a head start in C or what has been mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Not in the slightest. I know people that have done it and still barely know how to turn on a PC.

Do a Microsoft or Cisco course instead.

Advertisement