Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism work experience.

Options
  • 01-09-2016 9:42pm

Hello all, I will be starting a college course soon in Journalism and Photography in Waterford. As part of the course I need to find a work experience placement in the field of journalism; preferably print. We've not been given the full details yet, although it will be on a Thursday. If anyone has any information or an opportunity for me, pease send me a message. Greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

http://www.thejournal.ie/jobbridge-ban-1286589-Jan2014/

It's a small town so mind yourself out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

If you want to keep it local try social clubs or groups or even parishes that issue newsletters. I did the same course few years back and I got my work experience doing a newsletter for one of the local parishes.
    You can also try some of the printing companies in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Its pretty difficult to get work experience with the local newspapers unless you know someone.

Advertisement