Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-weathertent particularly suited to motorbiking???

• 01-09-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Just looking for suggestions, please?

Obviously looking for "bang for your buck" tents...something light enough that packs small enough, but is spacious when setup and has room/space for a bitta luggage, etc. Too much choice out there, and I don't know my tents.

Time to upgrade my 1.5kg tiny tiny backpackers Gelert tent, to something more...comfortable. I find being too "minimalist" can suck the joy out of things!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Silnylon is the best for waterproofing while still being bike portable.
    I bought my last tent from this crowd and while its not a compact tent the quality is very good.
    If you can spring for one of these it would be very comfortable.
    Or if you fancy a 2 man one this one
    Alloy poles make them much lighter than fibreglass and their hydrostatic head @5m is very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

For small and light, I've used a Snugpak ionosphere in the past, no real room for luggage but weighs nothing.

More recently, I've been using the Vango Banshee 300. Technically a 2 man, but it's loads of space that packs down really well, will go on a tail pack of in front of a top box handy enough, smaller than your sleeping bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I was looking to replace my 2-man tent for one with a larger porch area. The Coleman Phad looked ideal when I saw it pitched at a rally last year.
    A couple of owners I talked to gave it very positive recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

I should add that small + light is a bonus, but I wouldn't mind about 5kg, dimensions 48cm x 20cm or thereabouts.

Was looking at the Vango Omega 250 (or 350) last night (online). Seems similar to the Phad. Alloy poles. Any opinions on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Have one of THESE for the last 6 years or so. Can have it pitched in under 10 seconds which is a Godsend if it is raining. They are expensive but you can get them on Flea-bay for under £100. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

rat_race wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

I should add that small + light is a bonus, but I wouldn't mind about 5kg, dimensions 48cm x 20cm or thereabouts.

Was looking at the Vango Omega 250 (or 350) last night (online). Seems similar to the Phad. Alloy poles. Any opinions on them?

I have a previous version of it and think its is a great tent

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks all!

Advertisement