Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instrument cluster backlight repair

• 01-09-2016 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a VW Tiguan and a small portion of the instrument cluster has gone dim, must be a failed led. For a laugh I asked VW about it and they quoted me crazy money for a new cluster. I've seen DIY guides online about how to remove the cluster and it seems straightforward enough so I was wondering if anyone might know of a place that could repair the cluster for me. I'd imagine the job would be no problem to someone used of soldering etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

KC systems in cork are one of the best for VAG cluster repairs, it's not a quick turn around though, so car would be off the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭bemak

Thanks Tossy,

I've found someone in Dublin too so will check both out. There's a tiny crack on the cluster as well, about 2cm long - hardest thing for me is sourcing one - prob have to get the whole cluster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Who's the someone in Dublin, is it a company ?

You will get a cluster second hand no issues but there are probably 2 of 3 different part numbers and they may not always work with your ECU (immobilisers need to marry up) plus the new (even secondhand cluster) will need to be coded and you are entering a world of pain there unless you find someone who knows what they are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭bemak

tossy wrote: »
    Who's the someone in Dublin, is it a company ?

You will get a cluster second hand no issues but there are probably 2 of 3 different part numbers and they may not always work with your ECU (immobilisers need to marry up) plus the new (even secondhand cluster) will need to be coded and you are entering a world of pain there unless you find someone who knows what they are at.

Logic Automotive is the name of the company. In speaking with Peter there, the best course of action is to repair the cluster I have to avoid the pain of recoding etc.

With regards the glass, apparently from what I read online you can't get it on its own, which means I'll try to source a used, complete cluster just for the glass. Which is unfortunate. I'd love to be corrected on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Motorclocks ltd in Wexford worth a call maybe

• Advertisement
Advertisement