Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busy Night for Fire Brigade

Options
  • 01-09-2016 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I've been out in town twice tonight and each time met the Fire Brigade, two engines. Hope nobody is hurt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

There was a fire in one of the towns carparks and Yes there was injuries I hear a fireman was attacked by a member of that ethnic minority that are camped there illegally.
    The authority's should grow balls and send them on their way and tell the do Gooders keep quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If a tenant in a council house stopped paying their rent they'd be turfed out, can't see why camping illegally on council property should be any different.

As for attacking a tender coming out to extinguish a fire, they should be locked up for endangerment, I would've turned the hose on the people protesting if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Give 'em a break, how else can they strip the insulation from their wire.... and then some fireman tries to put out their nice toxic fire, interfering with their hard graft.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭charman

Give 'em a break, how else can they strip the insulation from their wire.... and then some fireman tries to put out their nice toxic fire, interfering with their hard graft.
    22 Fire Service call-outs to Sligo car park since 2009 ocean fm news today

Why is no action been taken on the matter illegal dumping illegal parking illegal fires is some one afraid in the council to take action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Courage2Change

And yet 3 days after that attack our firemen were called out to the same location for another fire. Unfortunately they couldn't attend this time without the Guards being in attendance, so there was about a 10 minute delay in which the fire could have spread while waiting for the Police. Sad days when our fire service cannot do their jobs without secure backup in case of attack. But as always our firefighters treated the situation and the individuals involved with the utmost respect and dignity as they always do, even after one of their own was hospitalized just days earlier.

What about the tax payers money they are wasting.with these call outs are they not charged

And it more than lightly all stolen wire too

Advertisement