Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair of CO2 revolver?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Got a CO2 Colt Python in a trade a while ago.

It's got a few issues. Needs work on the cylinder rotation mechanism, the valve, possibly the hammer/mainspring, and the screw in the butt that tightens the CO2 capsule.

At the moment, IF you can get a capsule into it and the screw tightened (threads sheared), then the hammer bounces on the valve releasing the gas with the sound of a short machine-gun burst. One capsule only lasts about 8 shots. Oh, and unless it's used single action, the cylinder will often spin past the next chamber.

Does anyone know if this as a doable or economic repair job? Or do I just have I nice-looking wall hanger?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Sounds like you have a wall hanger. Lots of work and parts needed to get it 100% by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Thought as much. Some guy on facebook thought it could be an interesting project, but I'm not a tinkerer.

Pain in the proverbial, though, as its a gorgeous looking thing, with a fair bit more weight to it that the equivalent Dan Wessons.

Advertisement