Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1984 - Playhouse Theatre

• 01-09-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I went to see 1984 on Tuesday and it is a fantastic production. My tickets were about 23£, and we were on the balcony with a good view. They are advertising the production as having atleast 100 seats costing £19.84 a night.

Related to the book, I would say the interpretation was very faithful, but had a modern twist in that screens and cameras were an active part of the show (and not something i've seen before). It also can be very hard to watch, AND (something that was not mentioned in the ads) - probably not suitable for epileptics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I saw it in a run there about a year back I guess and really enjoyed it. Managed to pick up a couple of cheap seats.

Now to find tickets for Aladdin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Saw this in the Playhouse nearly 2 years ago. Managed to walk in and buy a £10 ticket for the 2nd or 3rd row, for that night.

Anyway, it's a great production and well worth the trip. Also true that it may be not be suitable for epileptics!

Advertisement