Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Quote

Options
  • 02-09-2016 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have had a guy out this evening to give me a quote for a HKC system with the following spec:
    • He suggested that we would use a keypad on the wall in the hall which would be wired to the control unit in the attic.
    • He recommended 2 x wireless contacts for the front door and french doors that lead onto the balcony.
    • He also recommended that I should have two motion detectors installed, one in the hall and another in the main living room.
    • He recommended that we should have two sirens installed, one on the external wall above the entrance door to the apartment, and another in the apartment in the hall.
    • The system would have remote management capability, and I would have the capability to arm / disarm / view the status of the system via a smartphone application, which would cost 6 euro's per month to HKC for use of their cloud platform.

The System did not include 2 x contact sensors for the two bedroom windows, as he said that would not be necessary as we are on the second floor, however, my thoughts on this are, if your gonna put an alarm in, you might as well cover all the angles.

The total that I was quoted for the above was €900 with the option of adding the two additional sensors to the bedrooms at €50 each, which would bring the total to €1000.

Can someone here please advise me if this is a fair quote or if I should look elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

HS!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If I'm reading it right its not great.
    Just 2 motion sensors (pirs) & 2 door contacts.?
    You should be looking at covering all accessible windows & doors.
    Also shop around other systems. most don't charge monthly subscriptions to use smart phone apps & get notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Thanks for the response KoolKid,

Can you give me a ballpark as to how much that should cost for the equipment so that I can infer how much the guy is charging for his time on the install. He also mentioned that the install could take 4 - 5 hours, is this realistic?

Can you give me a few pointers KoolKid, which systems will give me similar functionality to the HKC without a monthly subscription?

Kind Regards,

HS!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We can't go into pricing too much here. For €900 - €100 you should get €8-10 wireless zones.
    GSD would be the best for a fully wireless system with free apps and free notifications with remote control IMO.
    Time seems a bit long to install a wireless system with 4 devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

KoolKid wrote: »
    We can't go into pricing too much here. For €900 - €100 you should get €8-10 wireless zones.
    GSD would be the best for a fully wireless system with free apps and free notifications with remote control IMO.
    Time seems a bit long to install a wireless system with 4 devices.

GSD are http://globalsecurity.ie/ ? They manufacture and install by the looks of it?

They are the manufacturer. They do not installers, but they will refer you to installers close to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement