Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Lock Screen Issue

Options
  • 02-09-2016 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

So when I turn on my pc I get the windows 10 lock screen (with the pictures) as you do. I press a key and then the login screen comes up and then I can start typing my password to login. Is there any way to have that first key press (the one which turns off the lock screen and brings up the login screen) actually be recognised as the first letter/number of my password? In other words, is it possible for me to start typing my password on the lock screen?

I could have sworn I did this before on another PC last year, but when I google about it all I can find are methods to turn off the lock screen entirely.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So when I turn on my pc I get the windows 10 lock screen (with the pictures) as you do. I press a key and then the login screen comes up and then I can start typing my password to login. Is there any way to have that first key press (the one which turns off the lock screen and brings up the login screen) actually be recognised as the first letter/number of my password? In other words, is it possible for me to start typing my password on the lock screen?

I could have sworn I did this before on another PC last year, but when I google about it all I can find are methods to turn off the lock screen entirely.

You can't do this directly, but you can disable the lock screen via group policy or registry editing - see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Fysh wrote: »
    You can't do this directly, but you can disable the lock screen via group policy or registry editing - see here.

I know about disabling the lock screen, but I was hoping instead to make it that whatever key you press to open the lockscreen gets entered into the password box on the login screen. I could have sworn I did this before on another computer, oh well.

Advertisement