Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crash investigation

• 02-09-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Can anyone tell me why an insurance claim does not include an assessment of the conditions of an accident,
    Particularly the road surface and history of incidents at a particular spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Hi folks,
    Can anyone tell me why an insurance claim does not include an assessment of the conditions of an accident,

Not in my experience. Depending on the factors, mine just said "Claim Open" as there is a pending claim against my insurance and it was loaded €200. It hasn't even gone to court yet to see the particulars of who was actually at fault. It doesn't matter about road conditions or incidents, it's whether the Insurance will pay out to the other side or not, It's all about money essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Hi folks,

Insurers tend not to carry out extensive or exhaustive investigations.

If it was a serious accident then they would retain the whole range of experts you would require for a full forensic evaluation. Serious in this context means expensive.

That said, if there is a point of substance that would enable an insurer to avoid liability to a third party or to lay it off in part against another party they should look in to that if it has been drawn to their attention by the client. Against that, they will consider the quantum of the claim and not do anything if it is uneconomical to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Insurers tend not to carry out extensive or exhaustive investigations.

If it was a serious accident then they would retain the whole range of experts you would require for a full forensic evaluation. Serious in this context means expensive.

That said, if there is a point of substance that would enable an insurer to avoid liability to a third party or to lay it off in part against another party they should look in to that if it has been drawn to their attention by the client. Against that, they will consider the quantum of the claim and not do anything if it is uneconomical to do so.

Totally correct, it happened to me, the insurance claims adjuster and barristers said based on the evidence, I'm going on trial and they're defending me. What I can't understand is why they put 150k of a legal team in front of me ?

How is that economically viable?

Advertisement