Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode and Google Maps Working

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭PDVerse

Google Maps API will be extensively used at this event to create Eircode solutions. Very large number of developers have registered, hopefully we'll see a broad range of useful prototypes on the day that will showcase Eircode. https://ti.to/govhack/xgovhackyourwayday
    C4I5WPIWIAQ2pE0.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

MBSnr wrote: »
    I put in a few Eircodes and they correctly resolved to the right locations.

As of 11.40am today they are working but I wonder if they are testing the feature or it's live?

Weirdly my own incorrectly resolves to another location entirely....

Just tried my Eircode in Google Maps;

close but not correct!

Gave me a house number diagonally across the street from me when into street view; 3 numbers out.

When not in street view it seemed to be about 2 houses from my google indicator, on the same side of the street i.e., the blue dot that shows your location <maybe there is a name for it, don't know>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

piuswal wrote: »
    Just tried my Eircode in Google Maps;

close but not correct!

Gave me a house number diagonally across the street from me when into street view; 3 numbers out.

When not in street view it seemed to be about 2 houses from my google indicator, i.e., the blue dot that shows your location (maybe there is a name for it, don't know>

Mine was resolving to a wrong routing prefix (same last 4 digits) but that was resolved fairly early on.

It's understandable that there could be a few thousand(s) incorrect codes in there, out of the 2 million odd Eircode's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Tried my Eircode and it is exactly where I live.

Have you tried viewing in Earth view? For me, the pointer is red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

I have no problem with my eircode but have found when using my home address. House number St etc without eircode in routing in Google maps that Ill end up a few houses away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

ok so this is an old thread but Im wondering if anybody knows how often NEW eircode info is transferred from Eircode to Google. Took nearly a year to get an eircode for my new house and it's since been a year and a half since that happened and it doesnt show up yet when you search for that eircode in google maps. This is a handy way for couriers and other delivery services to find our homes. I have seen alot of confused drivers roaming our new estate looking for houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

ok so this is an old thread but Im wondering if anybody knows how often NEW eircode info is transferred from Eircode to Google. Took nearly a year to get an eircode for my new house and it's since been a year and a half since that happened and it doesnt show up yet when you search for that eircode in google maps. This is a handy way for couriers and other delivery services to find our homes. I have seen alot of confused drivers roaming our new estate looking for houses!

a workaround is to map your house using https://business.google.com

Just use your name for the business and they will list you with your Eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The Geodirectory update the database on a quarterly basis. Then it is up to the individual company to implement the updates.

For example my own company (and I'm in the GIS department) haven't given the go ahead for us to implement the Q1/2019 update as yet!

Google are likely to be more on the ball and streamlined so they would have it updated quicker. But again it's all down to the implementation systems that they would have.

Your lack of eircode could be for a variety of reasons tbf and not necessarily down to Geodirectory themselves.

Advertisement