Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Pheasants

• 02-09-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

I came across a rake of what looked like young hen pheasants on the road this morning. Are all young pheasants coloured like hens?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

PCeeeee wrote: »
    I came across a rake of what looked like young hen pheasants on the road this morning. Are all young pheasants coloured like hens?

Thanks

I think so - I've never seen them any other colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I kinda assumed they were all hens but then started thinking why would they? They were small, not much bigger than chicks. And stupid, I had to hunt them in off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keogh91

All cocks start to colour after a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

keogh91 wrote: »
    All cocks start to colour after a few weeks

But mightn't be obvious to the untrained eye until they are 8-10 weeks old at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

PCeeeee wrote: »

Thanks

They are indeed

• Advertisement
Advertisement