Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Future of Paige

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Latest update on Paige below.

The bit I highlighted struck me as very Paige. Can just imagine her being all over him, and him knowing he was leaving not giving a s**t. It sounds untenable either way.
    The situation with Paige is up in the air right now as far as whether she’s coming back or not. At this point she is still on the roster but not wrestling due to a suspension, which ends in less than two weeks. On the podcast MSL & Sullivan, with MSL and veteran wrestler and booker Kevin Sullivan, Sullivan said, “Mark Carrano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.” MSL then said, “A lot of people speculated if this was the reason (the company) spit them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.” WWE has denied the story, as a WWE publicist said to Cheap Seats, “I can tell you that isn’t true, both your question about harassment and the threat of being fired.” There is also a claim that Del Rio called Carrano on the subject and Carrano went silent in the conversation. It’s hard to believe anyone in WWE would say anything directly like that to Paige.

As far as the idea both were talked to about it, that’s possible as the story was they were like high schoolers when they together backstage. As far as what words were actually used and how they were interpreted is the question. The story is that Paige has gotten legal representation and at press time nobody seems to know whether she’ll stay or go. WWE has outright stated that the allegation of Paige being threatened with being fired by Carrano if she didn’t break up with Del Rio is not true. The reality is they were put on different brands when everyone in decision making power knew full well they were a couple and it’s impossible to believe them being a couple wasn’t figured into the decision. Carmella and Cass were as well but that was different in the sense they wanted to get Carmella over as a wrestler on her own and not part of the Enzo & Cass team so there was a business reason and that decision was made months ago when they didn’t bring her up as part of the act. But to outright say if you don’t break up with your boyfriend you’ll be fired, that’s more questionable. It’s just difficult for me to believe someone in that position would ever say that because of the legal implications. Between her suspension and Del Rio leaving you know the situation would be tenuous anyway, but this being said only makes it more difficult for both sides, but she has not officially at least left the promotion as of press time and is still under contract for a number of years. In fact, at press time, WWE has not even acknowledged that Del Rio is no longer with the promotion which is surprising since the belief was it would be acknowledged by now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wwe have always put couples on different brands.

They put big cass and carmella on different brands.

You are literally repeating what is written in the quoted article. Insightful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    You are literally repeating what is written in the quoted article. Insightful! :)

I think I should start reading the entire quote

On that, we definitely agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

sky88 wrote: »
    Wwe have always put couples on different brands.

They put big cass and carmella on different brands.

Stephanie/Triple H, Lana/Rusev, Maryse/Miz, Nikki/Cena, Renee/Ambrose, Naomi/Uso #1. Don't think Emma was drafted due to injury, leaving two couples split up as far as I can tell. Carmella/Enzo which was done to avoid Carmella looking like a rip off and Paige/Del Rio which had no legitimate reasoning. If Brie Bella hasn't retired no doubt she would be on Smackdown also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Stephanie/Triple H, Lana/Rusev, Maryse/Miz, Nikki/Cena, Renee/Ambrose, Naomi/Uso #1. Don't think Emma was drafted due to injury, leaving two couples split up as far as I can tell. Carmella/Enzo which was done to avoid Carmella looking like a rip off and Paige/Del Rio which had no legitimate reasoning. If Brie Bella hasn't retired no doubt she would be on Smackdown also.

With Cena, Orton, Miz, Ziggler and Kane on Smackdown, it doesn't make sense to me at all having Del Rio there too instead of Zayn or Cesaro. Was just making an already stale roster even more stale, as evidenced by how irrelevant his absence has been.

FrontRowBrian has confirmed Paige quit WWE this week and has hired legal representation. So there you have it. I would imagine this one is going to get very interesting from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I thought Emma and Zack had parted ways recently.

Also Del Rio is apparently holding a press con in Mexico today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Christ - she quit? I'm really very surprised over the whole way this went down. She did seem a bit like a star on the decline though, it's as if the whole Diva's Revolution thing left her behind when Sasha, Charlotte and Becky came up.

I always really liked Paige, from her NXT days on up.

I'll be sad to see her go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FrontRowBrian has confirmed Paige quit WWE this week and has hired legal representation. So there you have it. I would imagine this one is going to get very interesting from here.

Who is "FrontRowBrian"? All I know about him is that the MMA board last week were saying he was incredibly uncredible when it came to MMA news, and reading up, it looks like someone trying to look "ITK" by jumping on a developing story by claiming the most obvious outcome as "insider knowledge"....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Who is "FrontRowBrian"? All I know about him is that the MMA board last week were saying he was incredibly uncredible when it came to MMA news, and reading up, it looks like someone trying to look "ITK" by jumping on a developing story by claiming the most obvious outcome as "insider knowledge"....

Ah hes a usually reliable twitter personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ah here now I was expecting the whole arrest and all the other stuff to be a work for Total Divas last time I believe posts on here :mad:

She should do ok down Mexico way for a few years before making her way back to New York.

Ah here now I was expecting the whole arrest and all the other stuff to be a work for Total Divas last time I believe posts on here :mad:

She should do ok down Mexico way for a few years before making her way back to New York.

I doubt they will last TBH, Hes an ageing party boy who is having a mid-life crisis and she is a young woman who is rebelling against the system. I give them a year tops and thats being generous!

Lord TSC wrote: »

Mauro Ranallo used to introduce him as a 'guerilla journalist' on his show back in the day. He is absolutely credible. Off the top of my head, he broke the story of CM Punk signing with UFC weeks before it happened, Jon Jones' hit and run, and Nick Diaz's failed test after the Condit fight. He's recently been hired as a by FloCombat who WWE have just invested in and he works with them on amateur wrestling, pro wrestling and MMA.

He is also close friends with Gerald Brisco of WWE fame and Chael Sonnen of UFC fame.

I understand if this is news you don't wish to hear that it's tempting to dismiss him, but Brian has a really good track record so I'd fully believe it.

I understand if this is news you don't wish to hear that it's tempting to dismiss him, but Brian has a really good track record so I'd fully believe it.

Nah, thats fair enough. If I remember right, he was the same guy last week saying that Punk and Cabana had a falling out, and when I looked into him (i.e. went to read the comments over on r/mma), a lot of people were extremely dismissive of him.

I'm one of those people with a very sparse twitter - I follow a grand total of 21 people. But FRB is one of them. His info is nailed on most of the time. Granted, it's mostly MMA, but I don't think he's putting out a tweet that inflammatory without being given the information definitively so if nothing else, you can believe it's what he's been told.

So the big question is where next for Saraya?

I'm one of those people with a very sparse twitter - I follow a grand total of 21 people. But FRB is one of them. His info is nailed on most of the time. Granted, it's mostly MMA, but I don't think he's putting out a tweet that inflammatory without being given the information definitively so if nothing else, you can believe it's what he's been told.

So the big question is where next for Saraya?

The way of Sunny and Chyna only much sooner in life perhaps.

I hadn't even considered that, but she is right in that age bracket. Sunny was 24 when she was on fire in the WWF in 1996 and by 26 she was showing the signs of her lifestyle. To be fair, I don't think there has been any hint of problems at the same level with drugs with Saraya as there were with Tammy.

I hadn't even considered that, but she is right in that age bracket. Sunny was 24 when she was on fire in the WWF in 1996 and by 26 she was showing the signs of her lifestyle. To be fair, I don't think there has been any hint of problems at the same level with drugs with Saraya as there were with Tammy.

Well we still don't know why she failed the wellness test and if hanging around with party boy DelBoy and if rumours are to be believed about cocaine, then we sadly may see history repeat itself. Hopefully not.

She has regressed a lot since joining the main roster.

• Advertisement

I definitely think she's dabbling in recreational drugs. Too much smoke for there not to be some fire.

I don't know how much of the performance issues is drug use mind. NXT had carefully produced and rehearsed matches in front of a warm, receptive crowd. My own take on her was just that she isn't a particularly strong in ring performer and that was highlighted on the main roster. Certainly Sasha has looked less polished since coming up as well. Charlotte has largely looked ok, and Becky & Bayley (small sample size, I know) don't look to have missed a beat.

Meltzer on Paige

Paige was there at the (Del Rio) press conference but wouldn't talk too any reporters. According to those with direct knowledge of her situation, she was basically in the same situation A.J. Lee was on when C.M. Punk left. At one point this week it did appear she was gone, right now that isn't the case, but it can change and the situation will be weird. The big difference is there is no legal action being taken against Alberto like there was against Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The way of Sunny and Chyna only much sooner in life perhaps.

She doesn't have the same demons as those two or have I missed something?

The arrest recently and the current suspension for drug use are *believed* to be cocaine related.

She deleted this when she got a tonne of backlash online. She's gone and gotten a tattoo of Del Rio's name...

VuOMg05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Chris%2BJericho%2Bstupid%2Bidiot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Sometimes you have to remind yourself just how young Paige is. Sheesh...

Shes not 17, shes 24.... she is very immature for her age in some ways though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

It's a tattoo that will probably cause her embarrassment and financial loss at some point, but it's no bigger an issue than that.

There are people her age ruining their lives and the lives of others, so who gives a flying fcuk about a tattoo?

• Advertisement

I have two friends - one male, one female - who have tattoo's of exes on them. The woman's husband absolutely hates it. She's had laser work done on it but it's not been overly effective. The guy has had it added to and modified but you can still sort of tell. It looks like ****.

I have to say the idea that it's not a big issue is amusing. Bear in mind the mindset of the individual. She felt strongly enough to get the tattoo. She feels strongly enough to walk away from a company she's worked her life to get to. Can you imagine then how she'll feel when she's 26 or 28 and single and whether she lasers it, covers it or leaves it she has to see this reminder of him everyday? Or how it'd be if he dumped her and was with someone else and she's reminded of this forever? She's obviously a deeply passionate woman and I've no doubt that if and when the day comes that they split it'll be an incredibly hard thing for her, to which the tattoo will only add. Trust me, I have seen this thing rear it's head. It's a huge problem.

Fingers crossed that it lasts is all I can say.

Advertisement