Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Future of Paige

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The way paige is going on id just fear if del rio broke up with her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Undertaker didn't get the same criticism for his "Sarah" tattoo. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

An File wrote: »

joking I know but I am sure if he had posted it on social media to show it off to the public he probably would have.

Did she really expect the majority of people on a social media site to be "aww what a nice expression of your love for Bertie" nah it's always going to be gifs of Y2J saying stupid idiot and the like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sara also wasn't someone who had just been fired from the company Taker worked for, and under bad circumstances at that. Its sticking two fingers up at WWE, which is unprofessional (on top of being extremely naive and immature).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

An File wrote: »

Just got a flashback of 9 year old me writing SARA on my Undertaker toy's throat with a marker...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nothing a boob job won't cover in the future if she wants to return to New York.

Just thinking why didn't she get his real name??

Unless he only goes by alberto now or maybe I'm putting far too much thought into this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

sky88 wrote: »
    Just thinking why didn't she get his real name??

Unless he only goes by alberto now or maybe I'm putting far too much thought into this

It's his middle name but I have heard before it's what he goes by, same as Shawn Michaels, for example.

Nothing a boob job won't cover in the future if she wants to return to New York.

Laughed so hard trying to work out how this could make any sense. Like maybe she'll enlarge the boob and try and have it pulled down over the tat then sewn in that position? Or glued? :D

Monokne wrote: »
    It's his middle name but I have heard before it's what he goes by, same as Shawn Michaels, for example.

Oh right makes sense. Think Shawn said that in his book he hated the name Michael

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Del Rio is gonna have some trouble shaking her off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Stage 5 cling-on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Del Rio is gonna have some trouble shaking her off...

Let's hope Alberto doesn't have any pet rabbits and large cooking pots.

Reading in a few places that Paige is due back on next Monday's RAW there has been ongoing talks between the WWE and Paige for the last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has anyone ever failed the wellness test for failing a drugs test :rolleyes:

It's a Rio Ferdinand type thing is what I get from that.

I didn't fail I just didn't let them test me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's a Rio Ferdinand type thing is what I get from that.

I didn't fail I just didn't let them test me.

She says she took the test and passed it but there's obviously a time limit and it wasn't within that limit.

Meltzer reporting that the story is pretty much what you'd expect. She told them she was quitting, they told her she was under contract, both sides legal representation got involved, air was cleared and she's expected back.

Be interesting to see how she's treated when she's back. Historically you'd expect her to be absolutely buried. But as we saw with Paige after she publicly clashed with Stephanie, they are very hesitant to do that stuff so overtly in 2016.

Bet we get "si si si" or Del Rio chants during her matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She'll need to cover the tattoo anyway.

And they can't really afford to punish her since they need her to step up and improve her in ring skills. Just hope she evolves her character. Though she might purposely sabotage herself to get fired.

• Advertisement

She's been downplayed a lot over the past 6 months so even if they did decide to punish her, it wouldn't be visible given she's been a background player all year anyway.

I would assume when she's back, she's putting Bayley over to get her ready and keep her occupied while Sasha and Charlotte are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nia Jax's next victim.

Full scoop on Paige, from the Observer:
    At one point this past week Paige did quit WWE, but there were talks afterwards of attempting to mend fences and at press time things had been settled and she was scheduled to return, perhaps as early as the 9/19 Raw in Memphis, which would be after her 30 day suspension expired. In actuality, her return depends on her various injuries and there is no date scheduled as of yet, but that would be the earliest date possible. It was a touchy situation since a decision was almost made to fire Paige several weeks ago, to the point I was alerted about a firing to come on deadline, which was to be her, but at that point there was a change of heart. That was back during the week where several people had been let go and before the announcement of her Wellness policy failure. She had gotten legal representation this past week.

Monokne wrote: »
    Full scoop on Paige, from the Observer:
    Woah, so they were getting ready to get rid of her before the Del Rio stuff went down fully?

Whole thing strikes me as though she took getting onto the main roster as confirmation that she was a huge star who had arrived. When in actuality she was given f*ck all of merit after her immediate return (which was too much too soon itself) and she showed absolutely no signs of rising to the challenge.
    Too immature or just a bit of a mentallist, hard to decide.

I'm betting we won't see her in a WWE ring any time soon anyway.

Given the depth issues on Raw, I expect her back once she's cleared. Fodder for Nia Jax or a heel to keep Bayley occupied would both make sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah I would expect once she is healthy she will be back and feud with Bayley. Bayley could really use a big win in a feud before challenging for the belt and Paige would fit the bill for that role imo. She could easily work a heel role bitter about being overlooked for all these new girls from NXT, the place she says she was the queen of before she came to the main roster while Sasha, Charlotte & Bayley were nobodies!

She would however end up putting over all those girls (inc Nia Jax) as I doubt the company are about to reward her right now but imo the Raw womens division needs her now and who knows she still has years left on her deal and could turn things around as time heels all wounds.

I'm sure in time this will all be forgotten. Much like when Lawler quit over Stacy Carter being cut, when it all ends in tears with Berto, she'll look back on this period with regret and they'll forgive & forget.

In the interim though, she should buy herself a pair of shades because she's going to be looking up at those bright lights a lot for while.

Guys, I dunno. I feel like once she pulled the lawyer card that they'll just be itching for an excuse to get rid of her. Outside of Del Rio dumping her pretty quickly, I don't see her getting past this at all soon either.

If she does come back, she'll job like all hell and then she'll either spend a year or so below Alicia Fox on the card or she'll be gone. I think she's shown herself to be too immature to really last in WWE for this run at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd be surprised if she was let go, she has tremendous marketability, the anti-diva-but-actually-a-diva pale goth is a great selling point. That said, nothing wrong with setting her free for a couple years and seeing how it is later on, she's 24!

• Advertisement

I broadly agree with JayK. I'm not as high on her as most in the sense that I'm not one of these people who dismisses how someone has actually performed for years when evaluating them. She's pretty and she's ok in the ring and ok on the mic, plus she's English which scores her points as it's important to have diverse stars. But given all the exposure she's had on Total Divas and Tough Enough, she's still never connected with the people either as a face or a heel. Quite frankly this whole episode has probably exposed why. She plays this cool kid on TV but she's neurotic as hell so maybe cast her more like AJ Lee?

But I really don't see her being buried as overtly as ChainSmoker thinks. If you look at how AJ was treated when she was very clearly in the bad books with management, it tells you they have an awareness that burying talent like that in 2016 is too transparent and this smaller smarter audience will rebel against it. I doubt they want her to become an anti hero.

Her natural place on the card is above the Alicia Fox's, Tamina's and Summer Rae's of the world, but below the Horsewomen, and I expect that's where she ends up.

Advertisement