Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Future of Paige

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah, she only got brought up in 2014 -- it's when you renegotiate the deal on the main roster is where you make your money! (Jericho mentioned this getting paid the same when he first joined as the first time he won the WWF title) It being 2016 she might not have gotten to renegotiate. Either way working 2 years on the main roster isn't enough. But she's highly marketable and very young. I'm sure if WWE drop her they can find a use for her in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, when was the last time anyone went HOLY ****, IT'S PAIGE, answers on a postcard, I'll wait, the sad thing is she's now 24, quiet possibly set for life money wise, and she's doing her damn best to literally burn bridges with WWE.. Not really a smart move..

She's been wrestling since 13, I'd say this is her showing two fingers to the industry/maybe a case of burnout and she's using the photo shoots/partying as an outlet to let off some steam.

Her debut on the main roster, when she won the title. I can't remember anything else she's done that's been a standout. I doubt she's set for life at all, I'm sure she's comfortable but I be surprised if she's making main event level money or even in the same ballpark as a Nikki Bella or Charlotte right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if her family have any part of it. Her dad seems very dodgy and not the best influence, thinking having his daughter back at his wrestling shows might mean big business for him. I think she's definitely wanting out and she seems bored to me, maybe she wants to go home and just wrestle on the UK scene do her own thing, party with friends, do photo shoots and wrestle whenever she feels like it. Even if WWE bought her back in a few years time I be shocked if they ever gave her a massive push again.

Yep, I think she's gone a bit nuts with him but she hasn't seemed into it in ages anyway.

Her context might explain a lot of it too. She's from a family of lower lever wrestlers, none of which ever really came close to being on the main WWE roster. For her, to some degree she might have literally viewed winning that women's title on her debut as the endpoint of whatever work she's put in. It's a far higher level presumably earning faaaaar more than her parents ever did and she was 21 at the time.
    Kinda hard to see why one would remain motivated in that context.

I just think she's probably at a point even at 24, she just be happy wrestling part time when the moneys good and with her dad's company. Doing fan wrestling cons, I'm sure she make good money on those. Following around Del Rio wherever he goes. Going partying with her friends and doing photoshoots and film roles on the side to earn a little cash. I just don't think wrestling is her number 1 focus right now.

I always felt WWE gave her too much too fast, I'm sure it created the monster they have right now who's acting like a spoiled princess cause she isn't getting her own way.

I think her RF shoot interview and YouShoot DVD will be very interesting. I don't think she be holding back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I find it all worrying, Del Rio managed to get stabbed last week, Paige appears all over the shop and must be on cocaine or something. Drugs and boufriends getting stabbed sound like a scary situation. Reportedly in a bad way with her neck already.

She is so young, I am 31 and I knew NOTHING at 24. Her troubles must be one if the reasons they won't sign under 21s anymore, they need to be more mature before going to a place where celebrity follows and the can have a better chance of dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

DM_7 wrote: »
    She is so young, I am 31 and I knew NOTHING at 24. Her troubles must be one if the reasons they won't sign under 21s anymore, they need to be more mature before going to a place where celebrity follows and the can have a better chance of dealing with it.

The only other wrestler I can think of that they signed at such a young age was Rene Dupree and that ended disastrously too.

I would imagine with Paige that one of the key motivations of holding on to her is for the Total Divas stuff as much as her future as a wrestler. I have only seen small parts of a few episodes but from what I have seen, she seems to be a fairly central character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Looper007 wrote: »
    Going partying with her friends and doing photoshoots and film roles on the side to earn a little cash.

Would she make much money from photoshoots and acting though? She's always seemed like she'd be a terrible actor and she's not really attractive enough to make much as a model either is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

She's not good looking enough to be a model nor talented enough to act nor famous enough to get gigs doing either just based on her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    She's not good looking enough to be a model nor talented enough to act nor famous enough to get gigs doing either just based on her name.

Especally when she wouldnt be able to use the name shes known for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

ricero wrote: »
    Paige is very annoying and seems like a horrible bitch. Her podcast with stone cold pretty much made my mind up about her.

Overratted by the iwc and hopefully gone from Wwe for good now

She seems very immature, I only fully realised that when watching the podcast. But being immature is no crime at 24, if people think it is then I don't think they've met many of that age range.

The question is whether she'll grow up now in the fallout of all of this and come back better for it. Hopefully she does, as when I think of others in the industry who burned bridges and made the wrong enemies, it would make me fear for her.
    Monokne wrote: »

Modelling has expanded from the days of your typical supermodel, there's so many niches now that people do well out of. She has a better chance of achieving there than acting that's for sure.

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Modelling has expanded from the days of your typical supermodel, there's so many niches now that people do well out of. She has a better chance of achieving there than acting that's for sure.

I know that but she's just a moderately attractive girl and without the WWE brand behind her there's just nothing that would lead me to believe she'll be a successful model. Other than Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler, none of the ex-WWE women have made it in modelling or acting. Brittany Fetkin and Ashley Ann Vickers are miles more attractive and they returned to anonymity after they left NXT in the last couple years, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I definitely wasn't talking about exclusively within the realm of supermodel hot.

She's grand, but within the world of pro wrestling and WWE especially her looks are drastically overstated on account of being different to the standard. Assuming she'd want more than a random girl off the street, no way she'd be worth hiring. Going a bit "6/10 would not bang" I'd say she has a few features that are kind of weird in a distracting way for modelling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

No major loss if they decide to let her go. I have neither really enjoyed her run on main roster and her recent actions prove that she can't be the face of womens division.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The only other wrestler I can think of that they signed at such a young age was Rene Dupree and that ended disastrously too.

I would imagine with Paige that one of the key motivations of holding on to her is for the Total Divas stuff as much as her future as a wrestler. I have only seen small parts of a few episodes but from what I have seen, she seems to be a fairly central character.

They signed Teddy Hart at 18. Another disaster.

They signed Teddy Hart at 18. Another disaster.

orton must have been around 21 when they signed him as well and he was a disaster at times

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sunny was 22/3 when she signed which would be the Diva for Paige not to follow in the footsteps of.

Would she make much money from photoshoots and acting though? She's always seemed like she'd be a terrible actor and she's not really attractive enough to make much as a model either is she?

She could do straight to video films like horror and action films, I'm sure with her fanbase she bring in a audience. She's ok looking nothing stunning but with her look I say she get some work doing photoshoots. I say her money will come through signings with fans and wrestling part time, I don't think she can give up wrestling totally.

I'm sure when the money runs out and Del rio dumps her (I be shocked if that lasts) she come crawling back to WWE.

She seems very immature, I only fully realised that when watching the podcast. But being immature is no crime at 24, if people think it is then I don't think they've met many of that age range.

The question is whether she'll grow up now in the fallout of all of this and come back better for it. Hopefully she does, as when I think of others in the industry who burned bridges and made the wrong enemies, it would make me fear for her.

The age thing can't always be a excuse though. Sasha is 24, seems like she has a good head on her shoulders and she's even married. You can tell she loves what she's doing. For me Paige is just one of those people with a difficult personality.

I think she be back once Del Rio dumps her and the money runs out and her name value goes down. I'd be very surprised if she's ever given a massive push again though, I'd fully expect her to be in the mid card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I think some people seem to be overly harsh on the girl. (a horrible bitch?)

As people have said, she's a 24 year old girl, when I was that age I was a moron. I'm 39 and still a moron, and know plenty of other people at 24 and upwards who do silly things.

I would say most of us (all of us?) have next to know idea what's actually going on backstage in WWE, or with her in her personal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is she the youngest women's champion ever? Guessing if she leaves on bad terms, WWE will be looking to pass that record off to someone new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

• Advertisement

As people have said, she's a 24 year old girl, when I was that age I was a moron. I'm 39 and still a moron, and know plenty of other people at 24 and upwards who do silly things.

I would say most of us (all of us?) have next to know idea what's actually going on backstage in WWE, or with her in her personal life.

This is the most sensible post I've read. Someone, I think called Ricero, said she seemed like a horrible bitch YEESH. Good god, the things people will just randomly spout about total strangers.

The thing about being 24 is you're passionate and enthusiastic about things, and you're totally convinced by the way you're living your life at that moment. When you hit late 20's/early 30's, you mellow. She's hard headed, emotional, neurotic and young, and add to that she's had stardom landed on her at a young age. I'm sure she'd made bad decisions - equally I'm sure WWE has been their usual petty, vindictive selves in the whole thing.

Best for everyone may be if both parties go their own ways and come back together in a few years when her tattoo is lasered off, Del Rio is in the dust and emotions are no longer so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE responds...
    “Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug,” WWE’s statement to The Post read. “In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”

http://nypost.com/2016/10/11/wwe-fires-back-at-banned-beauty-spreading-lies-about-drug-test/

On the nose-candy, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE responds...

Yeah the aul sherbet and red lolly lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Yeah, at the very least people are being vindictive about her future and where she'll end up. When you look at where Sunny, Chyna and even Ms. Elizabeth ended up, it makes me uncomfortable speculating about Paige.

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE responds...

Defo looks like she's been on the party powder a lot of late
    CuiyavzWEAAX2xA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, she looks pretty rough in that photo.

It's a bit of a tragic case really this.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Man, she looks pretty rough in that photo.

It's a bit of a tragic case really this.

she looks terrible in that photo got to feel for her.

her relationship seems to be toxic with alberto. he seems to be going through a mid life crisis and the injury cant be helping things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

She doesnt look like shes in a good place at all. Im sure WWE,l who appear tio be being vindictive themselves, arent helping her situation, more likely making her more stubborn to continue the way she is.

If the stories are true and shes addicted to a class A drug, the reality is that its a slippery slope. Many a young talent have had addictions ruin their careers and lives. She needs help but its ultimately up to her to seek the help and listen to the voices of reason in her life. Hopefully she gets it before it gets further out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

She seems like a car crash awaiting to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ricero wrote: »
    She seems like a car crash awaiting to happen

But no decent person wants to see the car crash, She needs help, simple as.

Advertisement