Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Schools and Waiting Lists

Options
  • 02-09-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Both of my children are on Waiting Lists for different Secondary Schools. Based on existing Enrollment Policies they will be admitted.

However, a friend of mine (in a similar position) said that over the summer (while we were away) the Minister for Education brought in something to end Waiting Lists. She also said that there would be a lead in time with existing Waiting Lists.

I can't find anything other than the newspaper articles saying that Waiting Lists would be banned. Also can't find anything re a lead in time frame. Both Schools still have the Waiting Lists on their Enrollment Policies online.

Can anyone shed any light ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nothing was brought in .
    There was a proposal about 4 years ago to put an end to waiting lists but it has not been implemented .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ah the good ol' DES , heavy on soundbites but seriously short of action.

Advertisement