Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Parking App

• 02-09-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

If you are using the Limerick City parking app you need to be very careful not to get overcharged.
    1. If you use the text reminder you get charged 20c for every text with no notification. There is no option to receive a notification by email or any other free method.
    2. If you park before the start of the paid parking time you will get charged from the time you activated the parking. I parked at 9:15 and set 30 minutes parking in the app. My parking expired at 9:45 even though the paid parking didn't start until 9:30.
    3. I have been charged twice for parking at the same time on the same account. The app should not allow this to happen even if you enter it twice by mistake.
    This is a very useful app but it is very poorly put together. They should really look at fixing these issues before people stop using the service altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Contact them and let them know. You can do it via the App Store if you don't want to contact them directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is this Park Magic you're referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

tippman1 wrote: »
    Is this Park Magic you're referring to?

yep its the same thing just they have two apps now i use it all the time.

and as above i got caught with the texts charges but now i set a alarm on my phone instead.

one thing i wish you could charge your card directly rather then having to topup all the time.

there are times where i might not use it for weeks but have 9 euro sitting there because i had to top up by a tenner.

still much handier then the old discs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

does it show as dollars in your app? it does mine.....

i didnt know about the text reminder charges, thx for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

Never knew about the text charges either, must send them some comments on play store, other pain is I often swop cars with the missus and you cant have multiple cars on same account so I end up having to go in and buy a disc.

Its a bit of a clumsy app to be fair not much finese and loads of room for improvement in it but a great service, being able to pick a quick half hour for less than a full disc is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

It is a very useful service and the 30 minutes parking is great but some of the issues are really basic. The purpose of the thread was to make other users aware of the issues which took me by surprise.

It is easy enough to change your car on the app if you are parking a different car on the same account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

db wrote: »
    It is a very useful service and the 30 minutes parking is great but some of the issues are really basic. The purpose of the thread was to make other users aware of the issues which took me by surprise.

It is easy enough to change your car on the app if you are parking a different car on the same account.

i tried before and it wouldnt let me must give it another go

Advertisement