Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation problems , ongoing

Options
  • 02-09-2016 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, I had a phone line installed about three weeks ago but as yet have not achieved a connection on the DSL port. Here is the process so far in summary. I can PM the account details and the log number if you can help.

Thanks,

Tom

Phone line installed week of the 8th Aug 2016 - Engineer said tested distance of 1.9Km from new fibre cabinet broadband should be no problem.
    No DSL connection that evening - told to wait 48 hours
    Aug 24th Still no DSL connection - Chat with eir support - Told an engineer would call out to fix problem
    Engineer called out - told me that we were too far from Garristown exchange to receive broadband
    I said I thought we were connected to the cabinet 1.9Km away - He said no I was connected to the exchange on copper and too far away.
    Called sales to cancel my order as I needed broadband - Sales tell me they have checked and I should get a least 8Mbps - Will get another engineer out.
    29th Aug While waiting for engineer had online Tech chat- They tested the line and told me the connection to my house was very very slow - too slow for broadband.
    29th Aug - was told engineer would come out and repair cable
    Aug 30th - Engineer looks at fault - Apparantly found a problem in exchange , did not call me to ask if working - Still no DSL
    Aug 31th - another online chat - 'Name deleted' says engineer repaired a fault in exchange yesterday but did not call me to ask if it was working. Still no DSL
    Will send a second level engineering team to resolve problem and they will call me.
    1st September Logged a support chat to ask when the Engineering Team' would be out to look at the problem
    Name deleted (chat) said their was a profile issue and he modified it and needs time to 'settle' - I said I will monitor - still no connection today - DSL flickers for a few seconds then nothing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kearneyt wrote: »
    Hi, I had a phone line installed about three weeks ago but as yet have not achieved a connection on the DSL port. Here is the process so far in summary. I can PM the account details and the log number if you can help.

Thanks,

Tom

Phone line installed week of the 8th Aug 2016 - Engineer said tested distance of 1.9Km from new fibre cabinet broadband should be no problem.
    No DSL connection that evening - told to wait 48 hours
    Aug 24th Still no DSL connection - Chat with eir support - Told an engineer would call out to fix problem
    Engineer called out - told me that we were too far from Garristown exchange to receive broadband
    I said I thought we were connected to the cabinet 1.9Km away - He said no I was connected to the exchange on copper and too far away.
    Called sales to cancel my order as I needed broadband - Sales tell me they have checked and I should get a least 8Mbps - Will get another engineer out.
    29th Aug While waiting for engineer had online Tech chat- They tested the line and told me the connection to my house was very very slow - too slow for broadband.
    29th Aug - was told engineer would come out and repair cable
    Aug 30th - Engineer looks at fault - Apparantly found a problem in exchange , did not call me to ask if working - Still no DSL
    Aug 31th - another online chat - 'Name deleted' says engineer repaired a fault in exchange yesterday but did not call me to ask if it was working. Still no DSL
    Will send a second level engineering team to resolve problem and they will call me.
    1st September Logged a support chat to ask when the Engineering Team' would be out to look at the problem
    Name deleted (chat) said their was a profile issue and he modified it and needs time to 'settle' - I said I will monitor - still no connection today - DSL flickers for a few seconds then nothing
    Hi  kearneyt,

Thanks for getting in touch, can you PM me the account number please & I will take a look into this for you.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kearneyt

Technician called out yesterday.
    Said I was connected directly to exchange and too far away for decent broadband on ADSL. Said I need to be connected to the fibre cabinet 1.9Km away(which is what I thought was happening originally)
    Said I need to order a different package and someone else needs to connect me to the fibre cabinet which is beside the copper cabinet. Said I also need a different type of modem. Help!

Technician called out yesterday.
    Said I was connected directly to exchange and too far away for decent broadband on ADSL. Said I need to be connected to the fibre cabinet 1.9Km away(which is what I thought was happening originally)
    Said I need to order a different package and someone else needs to connect me to the fibre cabinet which is beside the copper cabinet. Said I also need a different type of modem. Help!
    Thanks for the update  kearneyt, I have contacted the technical team in relation to this and will be back to you as soon as i have an update. 

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kearneyt

Hi Pamela,

I eventually got a connection and my download speed is 874Kbps. I have spoken to a number of Technicians and they said after trying various profiles this is the maximum download speed I can achieve on my line. This is not fit for purpose as when any more than one person is online the connection becomes unusable in any practical way. Can you inform customer service of this so that I can cancel my account? I have been on to them and they said they cannot cancel my account because I have a contract and a broadband connection. Surely I don't have to pay €45 per month for 18 months for a speed of 875Kbps? 

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Pamela,

I eventually got a connection and my download speed is 874Kbps. I have spoken to a number of Technicians and they said after trying various profiles this is the maximum download speed I can achieve on my line. This is not fit for purpose as when any more than one person is online the connection becomes unusable in any practical way. Can you inform customer service of this so that I can cancel my account? I have been on to them and they said they cannot cancel my account because I have a contract and a broadband connection. Surely I don't have to pay €45 per month for 18 months for a speed of 875Kbps? 

Thanks,

Tom
    Hi Tom,

I'm so sorry to hear you are receiving such poor speeds. :( 
    I have sent you a PM in relation to this.

-Pamela

• Advertisement
Advertisement