Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso - Tests and Thoughtss on Non Nespresso Pods

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Marcusm wrote: »
    Actual Nespresso, buy them online and collect from a Parcel Motel location - dealing with the people in the shop is a horror.

I meant buying online. Have you a link to somewhere with decent prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I'm really liking the L'Or Nespresso Pods on special for €3 for 10 pods in Dunnes at the minute.

Aluminium pods too which IMO makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Marcusm wrote: »
    Actual Nespresso, buy them online and collect from a Parcel Motel location - dealing with the people in the shop is a horror.

The shop (Duke St) is self service. No need to deal with people if you don't like them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

For anyone out the Dundrum direction Nespresso now have a 6 month pop up inside the main entrance....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Right, I bought a machine for the parents and want to include a wide range of cheap alternative capsules for them to try.
    What selection should i go for from Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes, some random website etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Aldi capsules have been excellent having used their Risetro for last 6 months. However the recently purchased batch is not good: thin and bitter, lacking smoothness and crema. Has anyone else experience this or know what has happened. Where can they be contacted to obtain information or give feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joe_d7

Hi,

I have noticed the same with the Risetro lately, but I did find them very good up until this. Maybe it's just a clitch at the moment. I'll wait and see.

Joe

I have now gone back to using Lidl pods. I bought their Risettro which was very good, more like Aldi"s pods before their recent quality crash. But best of all Lidl now have Viola Expresso 9 strength..... This is so smooth with solid crema. ðŸ˜႒ I will stick with this and hope they do not change the quality.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Patww79 wrote: »

Where they on offer?

youngblood wrote: »
    Where they on offer?

I got them in Dunnes and Supervalu last week for €3 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Like Gizmo I got them in Dunnes for €3. They've been €3 since I first posted about them on here which on checking was 29th June so not sure if I should stock up in case they go back to normal. I was kinda hoping this was one of Dunnes permanent "offers" as I haven't seen these anywhere so don't know what the "normal" price is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

suervalu had them @ €3 also

I'm surprised how nice the Lidl Ristretto strength 10 tastes, my new favourite cheapo coffee. I didn't really take to the strength 9 one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Bought a machine for €58 in Debenhams and I absolutely love it :D

What are people's thoughts about using espresso pods to make lungos and visa versa, does it really matter?

Bought a machine for €58 in Debenhams and I absolutely love it :D

What are people's thoughts about using espresso pods to make lungos and visa versa, does it really matter?

It's trial and error. I usually make three quarters of a mug so use a strong coffee to make up for the extra water

I'm surprised how nice the Lidl Ristretto strength 10 tastes, my new favourite cheapo coffee. I didn't really take to the strength 9 one though

I really love the 9 strength Viola. I will also try the Supervalue ones, just to have an alternative budget pod to go to if I cant get the Viola at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

No matter what strength or how many I use I can't seem to get the same caffeine hit that I do when I buy a coffee from a shop is this because the beans are pre ground?

Can't stay awake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

Has anyone tried these https://www.groupon.ie/deals/nespresso-compatible-capsules-11 ? Tempted to buy but would like to know what someone thinks firts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Bought them about a year ago, never again
    Theyre still in the bag havent worked up the courage to dump em yet

Just noticed Dealz doing Lor capsules for €2. They had a strength 7 espresso and decaff. Am looking for lungo so heading to another. Will post back my findings!!!!

ETA: All Espressos and they don't seem to be the aluminium pods like we get in Dunnes.

Just noticed Dealz doing Lor capsules for €2. They had a strength 7 espresso and decaff. Am looking for lungo so heading to another. Will post back my findings!!!!

ETA: All Espressos and they don't seem to be the aluminium pods like we get in Dunnes.

Saw these today, disappointed they are plastic pods.

Nearly 100% Dealz Illac had lungo.

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Saw these today, disappointed they are plastic pods.

Nearly 100% Dealz Illac had lungo.

No lungo unfortunately. Ilac was where I noticed them then tried Liffey Street. There was a pack of espresso that I thought was lungo due to the colour but alas no. And likewise, the plastic pod turned me off them. What I like about the L'or pods I buy in Dunnes is the machine doesn't sound like it's struggling.

No lungo unfortunately. Ilac was where I noticed them then tried Liffey Street. There was a pack of espresso that I thought was lungo due to the colour but alas no. And likewise, the plastic pod turned me off them. What I like about the L'or pods I buy in Dunnes is the machine doesn't sound like it's struggling.

Yeh maybe it was the purple colour that threw me too.

The plastic pods do something to the machine without a doubt.

Saying that the l'or pods are giving me a bit more grit in the coffee than the original nespresso do. I only de-scaled and all.

Kenco aluminium pods in Dunnes. €4 for 20. Will post the verdict later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I got some pods from a really good coffee place, Ponaire, the pods just didn't work in my machine.

So I cut them open for other methods of making coffee instead. Coffee is good though.

Kenco aluminium pods in Dunnes. €4 for 20. Will post the verdict later!

They aren't very nice. IMO.

Advertisement