Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clip from Today FM yesterday (GoPro Cyclist & Motorist Argue)

Options
  • 02-09-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday around 6:30pm-6:55pm they played a clip of an Irish cyclist (who apparently was equipped wit ha GoPro camera) arguing with a female driver blocking traffic.
    It was quiet eye opening (to the treatment of cyclists) and funny (how she lost her mind and hyper escalated everything)
    Does anyone know where the source Audio/Video clip resides I wanted to show some colleagues.
    I tried asking TodayFM and got nothing back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yesterday around 6:30pm-6:55pm they played a clip of an Irish cyclist (who apparently was equipped wit ha GoPro camera) arguing with a female driver blocking traffic.
    It was quiet eye opening (to the treatment of cyclists) and funny (how she lost her mind and hyper escalated everything)
    Does anyone know where the source Audio/Video clip resides I wanted to show some colleagues.

This one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

They usually have a listen back feature on their website. Look for the show it featured on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This one?

Bang on!

God that's fricking cringe :pac:

I genuinely laughed out loud when I heard it yesterday (at the bit when she starts roaring about being a woman on her own)

But that was just Audio, looking at the video footage, I'm confused as to if she was actually being serious :confused:

Thought it was recent, not from bloody 2013
    P_1 wrote: »
    They usually have a listen back feature on their website. Look for the show it featured on

Everything about the listen back section does not lend itself to finding 60 seconds of a show.
    Plus the adverts... god the adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

The focus on that historical incident could have been prompted by this more recent encounter with an unreasonable woman (UK rather than Irish) posted by Jeremy Vine, which happened in the last few days.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/30/jeremy-vine-posts-footage-alleged-road-rage-incident-cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its actually funny, but sad its real.

I know its not a legal rule, but if the car is parked on your side you give way to on coming traffic. That also includes bikes giving way to cars!

• Advertisement

I have no doubt that the cyclist is the right about the way of the road.

I meant was her whole sthick about "I'M A WOMAN ON MY OWN AND I'M BEING THREATENED" genuine like?

I meant was her whole sthick about "I'M A WOMAN ON MY OWN AND I'M BEING THREATENED" genuine like?

Cyclist was totally right, she was blocking his side of the road.

I know.... I am in agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Cyclist in my opinion was a total p*ick. What was the point of it all.He is the one that held up all the traffic throwing abuse.Just get on with it ,she made a mistake,there wasn't any accident.Cyclist made a meal of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the best bit of that is when he calls her an asshole because she was being one.

There was some story recently of a Irish paper journalist giving out about go-pro cyclists?

did Vine have a camera on the back of his bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

did Vine have a camera on the back of his bike?

Yeah, he had front and back.

codie wrote: »
    Cyclist in my opinion was a total p*ick. What was the point of it all.He is the one that held up all the traffic throwing abuse.Just get on with it ,she made a mistake,there wasn't any accident.Cyclist made a meal of it.

Why didn't the driver get on with it? All she had to do was say sorry, it's not that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Why didn't the driver get on with it? All she had to do was say sorry, it's not that hard

If she did get on with it well then she would of had to go through him.She made a mistake,we all do it.Cyclist made a mistake too with his behaviour. No need to hurl abuse like that.This type of behaviour is what gives cyclists a bad name.There has to be give and take.I think she was foolish even opening the door of the jeep to a lad on a bike *uckinf and blinding.The majority of women would not engage in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The most disturbing aspect of that clip was that the cyclist was wearing full fingered gloves in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Well that video is a blast from the past. Methinks it was a very slow news day for TodayFM if they dredged up a three year old incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Lemming wrote: »
    Well that video is a blast from the past. Methinks it was a very slow news day for TodayFM if they dredged up a three year old incident.

But the cyclist (cycledub) is still out there doing the same thing daily.

He was identified also.. Some senior civil servant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

That was cycle dub? He has a serious problem. There was nothing in that, after all she didn't try to plough on through him, she was stopped to let him through, she was clearly on that side of the road to overtake the parked cars! Then he roars abuse at her? ?

He really needs to chill out, he does cyclists no favours unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Whatever about the incident. I can see no more than an utterly horrible man on a bike.

Disgusting person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I would say that the woman says " I'm a woman on my own and I'm being threatened", because the nutcase on the bike had the life frightened out of her, cursing and swearing at her. She said the first thing, that came into her mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Rackstar wrote: »
    Whatever about the incident. I can see no more than an utterly horrible man on a bike.

Disgusting person.

Ah c'mon, he's just a man and a bike on their own. The lady was a clown in fairness, she became a caricature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

prinzeugen wrote: »

He is not a senior, or any level, civil servant. Why do people spread this idea?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

She was wearing Hi Viz.
    Fair play.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Because she's a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was good to hear a bit of good aul ronnie pickering

If she did get on with it well then she would of had to go through him.She made a mistake,we all do it.Cyclist made a mistake too with his behaviour. No need to hurl abuse like that.This type of behaviour is what gives cyclists a bad name.There has to be give and take.I think she was foolish even opening the door of the jeep to a lad on a bike *uckinf and blinding.The majority of women would not engage in any way.

For her to get on with it, she should of moved to the left side of the road and put her hand up saying sorry. It's what most decent drivers would do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The video only really proves the old adage that there are good cyclists, bad cyclists and muppets.

A muppet with a bike and a GoPro is still a muppet. Other than generating content for his YouTube channel I never saw what this video achieved other than its possible for anyone to mildly torment a motorist if they really put their minds to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Nuthouse for her..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

I know its not a legal rule, but if the car is parked on your side you give way to on coming traffic.

Is it not?

If you want to move into a lane (like when overtaking a parked car) then you have to respect the right-of-way of someone already in that lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

https://youtu.be/13CSWRyaAgA

I think the collective noun is shower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

prinzeugen wrote: »

That wasn't cycle dub.

Cycle dubs's voice is much more annoying and nasal.

Advertisement