Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File sharing (Dropbox etc...) with the largest free space account?

Options
  • 02-09-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

Which of the file sharing companies (such as Dropbox) offers the largest amount of free space?

Dropbox, which is 2Gb, is great but just a little small for something I'm doing right now.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Mega do 50gb per account I think. Nothing stopping you setting up multiple accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the reply.

I need to be able to send clients the files in one go.

Just discovered that Google Drive is 15Gb. That's tons for me, as long as I empty it after each client download.

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

If you use Google drive, is there a chance that it will become chargeable after a period? I like Dropbox for this reason, but storage is so little and I've so many photos on my phone I need to keep offloading.
    Is there some cloud storage I could use that will then charge a nominal amount per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

If you use Google drive, is there a chance that it will become chargeable after a period? I like Dropbox for this reason, but storage is so little and I've so many photos on my phone I need to keep offloading.
    Is there some cloud storage I could use that will then charge a nominal amount per year?

I wouldn't think so. Google has been 15GB for a loooooong time. About once a year they prompt you to do a "security check" where they walk you through your account settings, making sure they are all up to date ... and they give you an extra 2GB on your Google Drive allowance. I'm up to 19GB free at the moment (and I'm at about 15.3GB used).

If you use Google Photos on your phone and accept certain restrictions on the resolution of the photos which are fairly generous (but maybe not for the serious photogs out there) then they get stored on Google Drive without impacting your allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

There are a few threads on the bargain alert forum for getting more space for free.

They all run offers every while where you do things like sync photos from you phone to get a few more gigs usage.
    I got 1Tb free from Microsoft (one year trial) for using onedrive - but they wanted a credit card to activate the trial so I didn't take them up on it.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Sorry to chime in, but the 100GB monthly upgrade to Google Drive is only 2 usd (works out as 2.20 eur) a month! It's more than enough space for me (have a raspberry pi camera uploading pics/video to it).

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375123?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dinarius wrote: »

I need to be able to send clients the files in one go.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there's a reason the free sites/apps exist and there's a reason why you have to pay for some stuff.

Free dropbox isn't really suitable for sending stuff in a business context.

I'm not judging (despite what it sounds like), I'm just saying don't leave your business to chance with a company offering something for free (I've had files corrupted before!)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

SickBoy wrote: »
    Mega do 50gb per account I think. Nothing stopping you setting up multiple accounts.

really! surely they check IPs addressees or something, people will flaw it
    Mega could disappear overnight as well some eh dodgy personnel involved
    they even recommend you keep another backup of everything.
    I remember when onedrive first came out it was unlimited and people flawed mircosoft.
    there was dudes uploading petabytes of stuff to the thing LOL, MS had to knock that on the head.

Googledrive you get nearly 20GB free and its real cheap to get 100Gb like 2 bucks a month + free photos(limited quality) and google docs

Onedrive used to be 30Gb they cut it to 5 Gb a few weeks back

Advertisement