Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong address on social welfare cheque

• 02-09-2016 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi,

My mother received a cheque today from the social welfare for the carers' respite grant. Unfortunately, they seemed to have an old address on their system (she put her current address on the application form but cheques must be auto-generated from whatever address is on the department of social protection's computers)

Anyway, I have a couple of questions about this as it is slightly frustrating -- my mother has been waiting for this payment for months.

1) Can my mother cash the cheque despite the address on it being her old one? Neither of us know anything about cheques so we are confused
    2) My mother doesn't have a bank account. Could she sign it over to me and then have me lodge it into my account? It doesn't appear to be crosses or say a/c payee only.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Your mother will need to open some sort of account. You could get her to open a credit union account

Advertisement