Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankfurt Marathon 2016

Options
  • 02-09-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Heading over to give this a lash instead of Dublin. Anybody else from these parts going over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I'm down for it. Though a cold the past two weeks has put the brakes on a bit
    I'd planned it as a nice, sightseeing run but then the voices started.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Ah yes, the voices. I know them well!!!
    110 listed from Ireland on the entrants list so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gk70

I am planning to run there. Coming from elsewhere in Germany.
    But would be glad to meet up on day/evening before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frankfurt newbie

Yes also heading ..excited about the prospect of a fast course and after the wind in DCM last year a calmer run. Anyone run this before? Wonder how quicker can it be to DCM? Hoping for a 2+ min pb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Yes also heading ..excited about the prospect of a fast course and after the wind in DCM last year a calmer run. Anyone run this before? Wonder how quicker can it be to DCM? Hoping for a 2+ min pb

I've heard people say it's 2-4 mins 'quicker' than Dublin, flat but quite a lot of cornering at the city end with some cobble stones to contend with at the beginning and end.
    Probably just behind Berlin in terms of finishing times albeit with a much smaller field. I think weather could be the biggest factor.

Pervious Thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

BIG contingent heading over from Tullamore Harriers, up to 30 i believe,

Advertisement