Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elevated Roof possible?

• 02-09-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello

I am just wondering if I can install an elevated roof in a van (not a camper and not pretended to be as I will use it only with a simple camping box)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Possible, if a common camper base vehicle like a t5, but not sure how you'd stand insurance wise with that modification if not converted as a camper.

They're big money though, which you'd probably never get back if not an official conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

Ok I understand...but it is possible instead to do this to put glass windows in a commercial? just to get more light..nothing else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

lydialaois wrote: »
    Ok I understand...but it is possible instead to do this to put glass windows in a commercial? just to get more light..nothing else..

As I said in pm you can have glass in the back doors and you can install a skylight.

You can only have windows in the side of a commercial if its a crewcab and those windows can only be in the passenger carrying section. 50% of the load area has to be 'dedicated to the carriage of goods' .. which means you need a bulkhead behind the second row of seats e.g.

jft5-2-w1000h750.jpg

The bulkhead doesn't have to go to the roof though so lots of 'race campers' are registered crew cab and will have a bed over the 'dedicated load space' e.g.
    P8090048.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

Ok then..
    When you mean skylight you is the same as a panoramic roof?
    I am thinking in a commercial caddy maxi as it is more affordable than an T5 .

Advertisement