Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open farm near Sligo Town?

Options
  • 02-09-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I might find an open farm close to Sligo Town. I cam across a website for one off the Strandhill Rd but looking at its website it is for groups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Castle Open Farm between bally Shannon and rossnowlagh only 40 minutes away. It's very good and has lots of play activities as well as animals. Cafe too.
    ( No affiliation -just satisfied customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭charman

Can anyone tell me where I might find an open farm close to Sligo Town. I cam across a website for one off the Strandhill Rd but looking at its website it is for groups.

Woodville comes to mind. You should probably contact them and see if they are open to non groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gracie2015

There is a new farm opened at Lisadell house. Just opened a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's one that has recently opened at the Sligo Golf Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Thanks all, I'll check them out, when the sun comes out again. Where is the golf academy by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks all, I'll check them out, when the sun comes out again. Where is the golf academy by the way?

It's in Ransboro, I think it might be called Queen Medbh's Activity Farm now. Also well worth checking out Wild Atlantic Food who are located there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Eagles Flying near Ballymote also has a small petting zoo. Pigs, rabbits, mice, etc.

Advertisement