Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gainsborough SV800- no cold water

• 02-09-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

I have a Gainsborough SV800 shower and despite of being on low power and lowest setting, the water coming out of it is too hot. It's mains fed and with the control knob I adjust the flow of water.

What I've observed so far:

has an aftermarket showerhead (don't know where is the factory one), taking it off and using to hose only makes it bearable,

when switching on for 1st time cold water flowing (no showerhead) it starts screaming for lower the temp and it's on coldest setting already,

the earth wire not connected to the shower but it's there, why not? should I connect it?

Anything can be done to rectify the problem? Compared to the 'coldness' of water flowing when heating element off I think the fluid spends too much time in the heater cylinder, becoming too hot to handle.

Thank you!!!

Comments

The disconnected earth wire rings alarm bells, you should get that checked out by an electrician.
    As for the high water temperature, it think you're correct in your assessment about the water being too long in the heater, sounds like insufficient flow from the mains water.
    What is it like with the water flow on at full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Clean the input water filter and the shower head, I assume it worked at some stage and get an electrician to look at the wiring , it needs to be earthed

Advertisement