Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006/08 suzuki swift

• 02-09-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Looking for a advice on buying a swift in the 2006 to 2008 years
    Would be interested in any feedback on the diesel ddis engine and petrol engines
    Have heard there can be problems with 1.3 manual gearbox
    Any opinions or anything to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Diesel is the same as on the punto/Corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭outland1985

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Diesel is the same as on the punto/Corsa

Is that a good or bad thing?

I reckon it's a good thing. They're a nice engine and pretty robust.

I reckon it's a good thing. They're a nice engine and pretty robust.

Do they have dpf ? The diesel would be ideal for the mileage and long runs I do, just scared of buying a diesel of that age!

Far as I know, in 06 they don't have one, and by 08 it was fitted to some versions.

Start from the start.
    How much driving do you do a year?
    What sort of driving is it?
    What's your budget?
    What have you been driving till now?
    How did you arrive at a swift as your choice?

• Advertisement

Far as I know, in 06 they don't have one, and by 08 it was fitted to some versions.

Start from the start.
    How much driving do you do a year?

Between 18-22k miles

What sort of driving is it?

Mix country roads but mainly motorway 80 miles round trip 3 days a week and maybe the odd longer journey

What's your budget?

What have you been driving till now?
    1.3 Mazda 323 f (work horse)

How did you arrive at a swift as your choice?

Want jap reliability with a bit of style, something that would reduce fuel costs would be a bonus too
    Don't need big car either mainly travel solo

Thanks

Ok, and will the fact that the swift is a good bit smaller than a 323 not be an issue?

No should be fine for me

Ok so have been on the hunt for a swift as I've decided its the car I want. The petrol 1.3 most likely.
    Test drove a 08 jap import and liked it , priced at 5k only thing that put me off is it has 160k on the clock which I know isn't high for the year but 5k for a nearly 9 year old car with 100k miles seems a bit dear?
    Have been looking at some 07s some with lower mileage in the 3.5k region
    Any things to look out for? There are some reports of gearbox probs in the 1.3 not sure about 1.5?

A swift with 160kkm on it will have sold for pennies in the auctions in Japan.
    I wouldn't buy a jap import one unless it was exceptional.

• Advertisement

A swift with 160kkm on it will have sold for pennies in the auctions in Japan.
    I wouldn't buy a jap import one unless it was exceptional.

Yes thanks for that, I suspected that. I am considering buying up the north seems to be good value there and for the same price I could have a 10 reg with Hal the mileage, I always get the gitters when I'm looking a new cars have been bitten twice before!

Was gonna suggest Northern Ireland. Just factor in VRT and the fact it won't have an NCT.

Was gonna suggest Northern Ireland. Just factor in VRT and the fact it won't have an NCT.

Yes haven't bought up north before but definitely think its on the cards seen a few nice cars on usedcarsni and seem to be higher spec. According to the vrt calculator the tax isn't too bad and with the exchange rate there seems to be some real savings. Will keep yas posted

Advertisement