Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

b593s-12 - Three apn settings

• 02-09-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone have one of these? 056_1985403047_hoved.jpg
    T-Mobile LTE Router 4G Huawei B593s-12

I bought one second hand and I'm trying to get it working with my 3 sim. The unit keep connecting to o2 and marks the connection as roaming on the 192.168.1.1 settings page. There is no data with this o2 connection.

I went through all the settings and there doesn't appear to be any way to force it to connect to another network. My phone will work with a strong 3 signal right next to the unit, so signal is not the issue.

For the apn settings, I'm using 3Ireland.ie.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Have you tried 3internet or 3broadband as APNs ? Do you have *99# as dialed number ?
    Have you selected 3G only or LTE only ? What signal do you get on your phone 3G or 4G ? What apn is phone using ? Can you see if your phone is also connecting to the O2 network ?
    Have you tried creating a new profile in the APN settings ?

I have same router but have only used VF and Meteor, so not sure about three..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cbanv

In settings go to the dial up tab and then mobile connection. You have to enable roaming before it connects. Think new three ayce sims have to use 3ireland. Ie apn as the others wouldn't work in my router. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Have you tried 3internet or 3broadband as APNs ? Do you have *99# as dialed number ?
    Have you selected 3G only or LTE only ? What signal do you get on your phone 3G or 4G ? What apn is phone using ? Can you see if your phone is also connecting to the O2 network ?

I think you may have addressed the problem. I didn't have an dialed number set.

Use *99#?

I think you may have addressed the problem. I didn't have an dialed number set.

Use *99#?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

corglass wrote: »

Use *99#?

Yes, Like I said, I don't have three myself, but that is what I could find and that is also what VF and Meteor are using

• Advertisement

hey guys,

So I tried the APN settings above and many other combinations and the router keeps going to o2 on roaming instead of 3 so I don't get any data connection.

Unfortunately the firmware on my b593s-12 is German speedport and won;t allow me to manually select the preferred network provider. Can anyone recommend suitable firmware for the b593s-12? Google has been a minefield so far and I'd rather not brick my device.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

corglass wrote: »
    hey guys,

So I tried the APN settings above and many other combinations and the router keeps going to o2 on roaming instead of 3 so I don't get any data connection.

Unfortunately the firmware on my b593s-12 is German speedport and won;t allow me to manually select the preferred network provider. Can anyone recommend suitable firmware for the b593s-12? Google has been a minefield so far and I'd rather not brick my device.

Thanks
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but did you ever get the b593s-12 firmware changed? I'm seeing the same with mine recently.

I was able to test with a 4G Mifi that I was able to switch between 4G and 3G, 3G comes up as 3 3G and 4G as 3 IRL 4G so the 3G might be on O2 equipment causing the roaming error.
    I've gotten the standard firmware but can't upload the modem.bin so am a bit stuck.

Advertisement