Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U.K. Penalty points

• 02-09-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I got a notice today from uk police for doing 35 in a 30 zone threatening £1000 fine and six points if I don't respond admitting I was driver. It was a hire car. Can I get points on my Irish licence for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

No, but do pay the fine if you intend returning to the UK anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

UK can not impose points on an Irish licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Lol I'm in the North all the time so I suppose I better pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Surprised the hire car firm didn't just pay and charge you a surcharge. I suspect if you don't pay, they will. Currently only bans apply from the UK here and v/v, not points.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

The hire company charged me a £42 administration fee for sending me a letter to tell me that

• Advertisement
Advertisement