Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage switch

• 02-09-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

I am switching mortgage and I have a question.

I have been approved for 168k that is the principal at the time of application 2 months ago.

I am still paying (actually overpaying) thus the principal has reduced since then.

I am just wondering what will happen now: the "old" bank will tell the "new" bank what is the outstanding balance and the "new" bank will lend me only what is needed? or what?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If you received an approval for 168k that is what will be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Trish56 wrote: »
    If you received an approval for 168k that is what will be issued.

OK so the additional money that are not needed to cover the principal, will they be given cash to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Lender will issue funds to your Solicitor, Solicitor will clear mortgage, take their own fees and transfer balance to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Trish56 wrote: »
    Lender will issue funds to your Solicitor, Solicitor will clear mortgage, take their own fees and transfer balance to you.

Thanks Trish56 really appreciated

Advertisement